MainStage 3.5 (Not a deal although)

Fleer

CDM writes:

MainStage users are a select but loyal bunch – and putting Logic’s sampling powers into the rack here means all those terrific sampler workflows are available without having to dive into Logic. That’s actually huge news for those who recognize the advantage here.

So MainStage adds Sampler – with all the automatic multi-sampling, mapping, zone editing, looping, and synthesis in one easy interface, and Flex Time and EXS24 compatibility.

And it adds Quick Sampler, too, with even easier ways of dropping an audio file to build an instrument, with automatic loop points and root notes and project tempo and slicing and live sampling. Honestly, it makes a terrific argument for keeping a Mac around as your main sampler.

Interestingly, Apple also added Logic’s Remix FX, Drum Synth, and more. So if you don’t want to pony up for Logic, MainStage is a stupidly good deal – including for those who still remain invested in another DAW (which could be any number of dozens of competing options). I think MainStage is easily a must-buy if you’ve got a Mac.

(Curiously, Apple also added score and lead sheet display with page-turning support, though on that count I would have thought those needing the functionality already have a tool – or use an iPad. But it does make me think that some celebrity Apple customer asked for this, so don’t be surprised if it shows up on someone’s stage rig when those folks are playing gigs again.)”