8DIO Century Strings 2.0 Released!

cclarry

After two years of production we are ready to set our new flagship strings to sea!  The new Century Strings 2.0 was completely rebuilt from ground up and contains a massive amount of new features and big workflow improvements, including:

All new true polyphonic legato for all string sections

New polyphonic arc legatos + a total of 60 unique arcs now

Two new microphone positions in natural orchestral seating positions. Mix A is a studio stage and Mix B is a large, lush and airy orchestral hall

Two new ensemble sketching tools for traditional strings and sordino strings

True deep-sampling of Sordino strings (strings with mutes)

100s of new workflow improvements and remastering of over 317K samples

The new Century Strings 2.0 comes in three volumes Bundle, Normale and Sordino. The bundle contains everything, but you can also just get the traditional string sections (Normale) or our dedicated Sordino edition with muted strings. The two new sketching tools come with all volumes of Century Strings.  We wanted everybody to feel the joy of quick writing tools.

- - - - -

And here are the extra good news!

The new Century Strings 2.0 is also compatible with our November sale - meaning you can get true next-generation strings at the most affordable price ever:

Century Strings Bundle 2.0     $269.10  (normally $598)

Century Strings Normale 2.0   $201.60  (normally $448)

Century Strings Sordino 2.0    $156.60  (normally $348)

We hope you enjoy this labor of love.  The Century String Bundle contains over 287GB and 313.909 samples of easy playable and truly realistic world-class strings recorded in the modern Zlin hall (same players used by Two Steps from Hell).

We think it is one of our finest and most polished releases till date - and we designed it all around improving the sound, playability and workflow.

With appreciations - Colin O'Malley, Tawnia Knox & Troels Folmann

Ps.  You can also get our gorgeous Insolidus Choir as a gift with purchase! Click here for more information on this promotion.

https://8dio.com/

Edited by cclarry

44 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The V8P code I suspect is customer unique (mine has a crazy number on it).  It gives a 65% discount.

Matthew, what was the subject of that email you received?   I should have received one, but don't recall seeing it. 

1 minute ago, husker said:

Matthew, what was the subject of that email you received?   I should have received one, but don't recall seeing it. 

I didn't get one either...hence my failure to understand the proposition...

Edited by cclarry

2 minutes ago, husker said:

Ok, I found mine from Nov. 17th...

65% Off 8Dio products + Insolidus Choir as Gift with Purchase

Was the subject.   

Wish the choir was free after the coupon code.   598 seems like a higher threshold than last year. 

According to the email you DO get the Insolidus Choir....but it doesn't say if you have to pay the full $598 or not
to get it...kind of misleading if you do...

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

According to the email you DO get the Insolidus Choir....but it doesn't say if you have to pay the full $598 or not
to get it...kind of misleading if you do...

Yeah, I checked, the threshold is definitely $598.  

The whole choir thing is a big forum topic over on VI.  Early buyers got the free choir on "before the coupon" totals above $598, but they fixed the web shop.  So you have all these people saying it's based on before the coupon where the email and their online chat agents all claim it's after.

I was more than willing to meet the before the coupon total.  But to get to $598 with the coupon would require I buy so many 8dio products it would be insane.  Then I looked at the storage size of the new Century Strings 2.0 (287 gb) and decided I was glad getting Insolidus was after the coupon and skipped the whole thing.