How to have view occupying the same Tracks View window?

micv

For a single monitor, I want to use the alt-number to flip between the views (tracks, console, midi, ...).   But the other view, other than Tracks, always docked or occupied the top or bottom half of the Tracks view, depends on your selection.   What do you do to get the view to fill up the Tracks window not just half?

I can undock and maximize the view but it will cover up the top  main control bar which must be always in view for me.

Screensets is probably the feature you want to leverage for this use case.

To be clear, I mean, you can pull the separator bar of the multidock all the way up, covering the track view entirely, and save as a screenset 2. Then flip back between screenset 1 and 2, using the number keys to change sets.

Caveat: I don't use screensets myself. But I recommend reading the section of the manual linked to above, then trying out some experiments, and then report back here with your findings.

Edited by Colin Nicholls

3 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

To be clear, I mean, you can pull the separator bar of the multidock all the way up, covering the track view entirely, and save as a screenset 2. Then flip back between screenset 1 and 2, using the number keys to change sets.

I've been playing with this for a while and couldn't find a solution.

The only way I can do  is:  Set screen 1 to the Tracks, set screen 2 to Console, and then only flip on screen 2 to any other view but not to track because it will then half dock on screen 2, and you have to do the resize again. Anytime you flip on screen 1, it will half dock.

Seems like unintended behavior to me.

2 hours ago, micv said:

I've been playing with this for a while and couldn't find a solution.

Here's what I did to achieve the workflow I understand you to be asking for.

I start off in ScreenSet 1.

1. Open the Console View
  2. Dock the Console View in the multidock (if it isn't already there)
  3. Press D to hide/minimize the multidock.
  4. Now select ScreenSet 2

At this point, your screen arrangement will be saved in ScreenSet 1.

1. Press D to show the Multidock
  2. Grab the splitter bar and drag it all the way up to the top of the screen. In my environment, this does NOT cover the Control Bar.
  3. Now select ScreenSet 1

At this point, your arrangement return to what you previously saved, and the "full-screen console" should be saved in ScreenSet 2.

Flip between the two arrangements by selecting ScreenSets 1 and 2 (without making changes to the arrangement)

Again, I don't use Screen Sets routinely so I could be missing something, but this should let you play around and see if it works for you.

@Colin and Scook

thanks so much for the tips.  the D and shift+D shortcut is useful (if you remember it!) but dragging seems intuitive.

The bottom line for me is, and right, you must use ScreenSet:

Screen 1 = Tracks and/or half split if you want to.  I keep this to Tracks only.

Screen x = single view or multidock for everything other than Tracks.