Option to turn off Articulation Maps in Paste Special

Michael Warren

Quite often I will copy a track or duplicate to use with another instrument. I'll usually use Paste Special. I'd like to see a checkbox similar to events that would allow me not to copy the articulation track. That would save me quite a bit of time. For example, a flute track copied to a Bass Clarinet and transposed down. I wouldn't have to delete all of the articulations I entered in the flute track.

Articulations are treated in the same way as any other MIDI event -  unlike Tempo's, Arranger sections, Markers etc, which are separate entities altogether.  So the trick is not to have the articulations selected in the first place.

There are a couple of options to prevent articulations getting selected:

1. In the Clips View:

image.png.3bbebc5aefbf3fef76c7ef50a1b591a4.png
 2. In the PRV:

image.png.e724436530fe50344ed24e8b19b35ef3.png

Unchecking these should stop articulations getting selected.

Note - there's a known issue with lasso select in the clips view always selecting articulations. This has been fixed and will be available in the next update.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Articulations are treated in the same way as any other MIDI event -  unlike Tempo's, Arranger sections, Markers etc, which are separate entities altogether.  So the trick is not to have the articulations selected in the first place.

There are a couple of options to prevent articulations getting selected:

1. In the Clips View:

image.png.3bbebc5aefbf3fef76c7ef50a1b591a4.png
 2. In the PRV:

image.png.e724436530fe50344ed24e8b19b35ef3.png

Unchecking these should stop articulations getting selected.

Note - there's a known issue with lasso select in the clips view always selecting articulations. This has been fixed and will be available in the next update.

Thanks. I never thought to check out those menus before a copy and paste. You’ve made my life a lot easier.

Michael Warren