FREE Waves CLA Plugin (NEW)

cclarry

18 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I still don't know what the deal is with WUP. I haven't bought into Waves. But really like that dbx freebie they gave away. I compared it with a few other dbx compressor VST i have from other collection. The Waves one really does sound total different and warmer.

WUP is a scam.  The only reason anyone should pay for it is if the plugins break and you can't fix them without WAVES support.  

They make good sounding plugins with fickle install and authorization methods and treat paying customers like potential criminals with a single authorization.

I have a pile of them, but have worked towards replacing them in my projects as I don't want to rely on them or have to repurchase when a plug-in that should work fails to.  Every single new version has broken something on one of my machines.  I do not have a single other plug-in manufacturer with such a poor track record.  

• Like 1

I embarrassed to admit it but I quite enjoyed the two CLA videos that waves have posted so far.  I'm not really into his mixes....although I do agree with his process.

What I quite like is that he obviously doesn't use ANY of the plugins that bear his name -  and he's not ashamed of it.  Nice :)

Without a doubt it's going to be some form of CLA Reverbs and Delays..... Or something CLA Depth.  His most recent videos on Waves website are dead giveaways.  He's doing zero mixing in the videos and just talking about all his wonderful reverbs and delays and how HE uses them.  So far this type of video, at face value, has nothing to do with Waves.  Unless it directly correlates to a new product that somehow emulates his reverb and delay workflow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleStudios said:

Without a doubt it's going to be some form of CLA Reverbs and Delays..... Or something CLA Depth.  His most recent videos on Waves website are dead giveaways.  He's doing zero mixing in the videos and just talking about all his wonderful reverbs and delays and how HE uses them.  So far this type of video, at face value, has nothing to do with Waves.  Unless it directly correlates to a new product that somehow emulates his reverb and delay workflow.

conclusion

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

Then the new plugin could should have a name: The RETURNS of CLA

:D:D 

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1