Virtual CZ

cclarry

11 minutes ago, abacab said:

I have the Virtual CZ, as well as a real one that I bought back in the 80's. The virtual  sound kicks the same butt... 😁

Just out of interest... does your real CZ get any use since getting Virtual CZ?  My CZ-1 and CZ-3000 are in the attic gathering dust...well, their cases are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, abacab said:

I have the Virtual CZ, as well as a real one that I bought back in the 80's. The virtual  sound kicks the same butt... 😁

Same here abacab! First synth I ever had was a CZ-101 which I bought in the 80s. It was so cute with its mini keys but I got rid of it a lontime ago........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Same here abacab! First synth I ever had was a CZ-101 which I bought in the 80s. It was so cute with its mini keys but I got rid of it a lontime ago........

I got the CZ-1000 with the full sized keys. But it was my first synth! Later on I wished that I had gotten a higher end CZ model.

But with the Virtual CZ, you can use any controller, and programming is now much easier than using the front panel and tiny LCD on the hardware. Ha!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, locrian said:

Virtual CZ sounds great, but Drumazon is disappointing (not one of D16's better plugins).

I thought it was OK for a freebie 909 emulator.
The new Audiokit IOS one looks killer though and on £($) 2.99 intro if you are into iPad music apps.

Edited by ZincT

51 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I thought it was OK for a freebie 909 emulator.

It failed my "never-read-the-manual" and "just-start-turning-knobs" tests.  😀

51 minutes ago, ZincT said:

The new Audiokit IOS one looks killer though and on £($) 2.99 intro if you are into iPad music apps.

Don't even get me started on those wretched devices.  Cheers...

Edited by locrian

1 minute ago, locrian said:

It failed my "never-read-the-manual" and "just-start-turning-knobs" tests.  😀

Yes, I know what you mean but I persevered and then realised that each preset had a number of patterns. There's a knob (ooer :) bottom left somewhere (sorry not near it at the moment) that switches between each pattern. 

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes, I know what you mean but I persevered and then realised that each preset had a number of patterns. There's a knob (ooer :) bottom left somewhere (sorry not near it at the moment) that switches between each pattern. 

Yes, I found it too (thanks). But what I've not found is a way to just trigger single notes.  I bought it because I liked the sound of the some of the kicks on the demo video and was planning to use it as a quick-and-dirty drum augmentation plugin. Oh well...

17 minutes ago, locrian said:

Yes, I found it too (thanks). But what I've not found is a way to just trigger single notes.  I bought it because I liked the sound of the some of the kicks on the demo video and was planning to use it as a quick-and-dirty drum augmentation plugin. Oh well...

The lowest note ( C1?) on my 61 key controller played the kick drum from recollection. 

• Thanks 1

Actually I was so desperate that I read (the very blurry) manual where I discovered that there are 'internal' and 'external' modes. The latter puts the plugin into a state where you can play individual notes from a controller. To get to the external mode you have to click the microscopic "Int Seq" button off.  Sure, that was obvious.

• Haha 1