VST Instruments drag very slowly into the tracks

Roger BlueNote

Hello, im new in this forum so if I post in a wong category or something I apologize. And I also do for my probably not so great englisch. 

I have a little problem, or rather a question. Cakewalk is finally running again after a complete new Install of windows with new harddrives, but now Cakewalk drags my Instruments into my Track verly verly  slowly, They kinda get pulled after and behind my mouse cursor. But once I stop moving my mouse cursor they catch up pretty fast. Is that something that got update in the meantime? Is it suppose to be like that now? are there any settings that could fix this?

It feels really wierd. Im still pretty used to drag my instuments and effects into the tracks. everything else is running normally I think. Maybe highlighting things to delete or copy is a bit slower, not rly sure tho. My HDD load is fine and my RAM usage is around 30%. My pc is pretty fast but it could be the HDD. It didnt do it before tho on the same HDD. Anyone any Ideas? 

Thank you very much for taking your time. 

Best wishes

Installing Asio4all gave me the expected selection options under drivers. But changing to wasapi , wdm, mme or asio didnt affect the issue at all. It should be something else if its not normal. Any other guesses what I could try. Its not the end of the world but its kinda annoying. Thanks for any further help.

What I have noticed now is that once I start dragging my Instruments out of the Instrument Tab on the right , the performance meter stops to move. Sorry if I cant phrase it properly. But there are those 7bars that go up /down kinda like an eq I guess that displays the cpu usage. They bounce around happily but once I highlight a instrument and drag it they freeze for the duration for what im dragging the instrument (kontakt for example). Dont know if that is smth that helps to find the issue. I might try to install cakewalk on a different drive. But if there ar any other suggestions I would lovee to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

lapasoa you are absolutly right. And I am getting used to doing it that way ^^. Thats why its not that big of a deal.  Probably will take some time to  get rid of my habbit to pull them into the Rack. But cakewalk shouldnt display it like that. Havent had that before. Everything was runing perfectly... 

pwalpwal dont really think its the video drivers. Every other programm or app is running totaly fine. Moving folders and other things as well. Its only Cakewalk. And its really wierd. If I hold down to drag a Instrument and spin my mouse cursor in circles, the box with the name from the Instrument , lets say "kontakt", first stops moving while I spin the cursor, and if I stop moving the cursor, the little box is spinning around following the cursors movement from a second ago. even tho the cursor aint moving anymore. It really seems as if something doesnt process in time. No clue why , no clue how to fix it. will try a fresh install tomorrow morning and check if the same issue appears when I run cakewalk on a different drive.

Thanks for repliying