Zoom Selection Issues

Keni

Yeah, yeah, yeah... It's me again. With one of my classic issues...

Zooming Multiple Tracks With Lanes

If I zoom-select two or more tracks Instead of getting both tracks with their respective lanes within the zoom, I get a zoom of only one Parent track track without any lanes let alone the second track included in the zoom.

Where is the logic for this?

When I do this to a single track with lanes displayed, it gives me a zoom of a large parent track and minimized lanes. While I'm not happy with this behavior at least I see the logic.

We could really use some more attention to these issues. This has been an issue since the introduction of Lanes. It has been addressed a tiny bit long ago, but is forever an in-my-face issue without resolve. I spend far too much time twiddling with lasso'd  zooms to get what was once following my choices.

• Like 1

Yeah. Absolutely. We need the same height for the lanes with the track when we zoom.
As a workaround I use different shortcuts for different heights to achieve this with the Autohotkey.
If you want to use it, you can change the shortcuts to your needs by changing the script or also you can load the exe file directly.

Shortcuts:
z & x : 1 bar (minimum) height.
z & c : 2 bar height.
z & v : 3 bar height.
z & b : 4 bar height.
z & d : 5 bar height.
z & f : 6 bar height.
z & g : 7 bar height.
z & e : 8 bar height.
z & r Full Height and a lane.
z & t : Full Height
z & Space : 1.5 bar height (I use that in the PRV for the note height)
z & a : 1.25 bar height (I use that in the Drum Grid Pane for the note height)

Zoom Track Heights.ahk Zoom Track Heights.exe

Edited by murat k.

9 minutes ago, murat k. said:

Yeah. Absolutely. We need the same height for the lanes with the track when we zoom.
As a workaround I use different shortcuts for different heights to achieve this with the Autohotkey.
If you want to use it, you can change the shortcuts to your needs by changing the script or also you can load the exe file directly.

Shortcuts:
z & x : 1 bar (minimum) height.
z & c : 2 bar height.
z & v : 3 bar height.
z & b : 4 bar height.
z & d : 5 bar height.
z & f : 6 bar height.
z & g : 7 bar height.
z & e : 8 bar height.
z & r Full Height and a lane.
z & t : Full Height
z & Space : 1.5 bar height (I use that in the PRV for the note height)
z & a : 1.25 bar height (I use that in the Drum Grid Pane for the note height)

Zoom Track Heights.ahk 1020 B · 0 downloads Zoom Track Heights.exe 1.21 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks Murat...

An interesting approach/work around. Still too fidgety to satisfy me. There was a time with Layers where it was as simple as zooming tracks with Lanes not visible. WYSIWYG... i should get a full screen-area display of the area I select in respective zoom.

This must be very difficult to implement as it’s been a topic since day 1 of silverlight and Lanes.

My associated discomfort with the parent track imaging is another issue. I don't want to see the parent track promoted clip images while editing Lanes. I find it very uncomfortable for my eye always getting confused. I wish they would simply add a switch to enable/disable such. I can easily see my selected clips by highlight/dim status.

It's got to be something that's tricky to fix. There was a lot of work done on zooming a year or so back which improved things a lot, especially with folders, but this just seems to be the last hold out.

That said, for me it's more of an irritation than a show stopper and I'm glad Articulation maps and Arranger tracks and that kind of thing got the attention lately - that's making a BIG difference to my workflow. Hopefully the lanes zoom will get a look in soon. :)

1 hour ago, Lord Tim said:

It's got to be something that's tricky to fix. There was a lot of work done on zooming a year or so back which improved things a lot, especially with folders, but this just seems to be the last hold out.

That said, for me it's more of an irritation than a show stopper and I'm glad Articulation maps and Arranger tracks and that kind of thing got the attention lately - that's making a BIG difference to my workflow. Hopefully the lanes zoom will get a look in soon. :)

I agree on all counts.🙏

I simply post reminders of this topic whenever I get bugged enough... 👽

I don’t use or need the articulation maps at the moment. I haven’t had much need and always found ways to deal with it, but I see the value and glad to have the feature. Personally I was pleased with the disable button for display muted clips.

Arranger tracks I don’t need as I find it simple to do this with the other tools available, but again... good feature to have available.