Cakewalk Eucon PLugin

cclarry

Larry - you will definitely need to install the Sonar/Cakewalk Eucon software.

The Avid software you installed is only half the story - that's the Eucon to app connector (sort of)

You need the Cakewalk to Eucon part if that makes sense. That will add the Eucon option to the Preferences > Control Services.

This is the bit that is built into Cubase

A suggestion - try the app in cubase first and see if you like it before trawling around to find the install - as I mentioned above @Jim Roseberry has installed this previously in the other thread - might be worth a PM ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes...they all have to be done there...

Yes just checking.  I think I probably decided not to bother as I had a (relatively easy) working solution with TouchDAW and rtpMIDI but hopefully someone with knowledge of Eucon will provide a solution.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simon said:

Larry - you will definitely need to install the Sonar/Cakewalk Eucon software.

The Avid software you installed is only half the story - that's the Eucon to app connector (sort of)

You need the Cakewalk to Eucon part if that makes sense. That will add the Eucon option to the Preferences > Control Services.

This is the bit that is built into Cubase

A suggestion - try the app in cubase first and see if you like it before trawling around to find the install - as I mentioned above @Jim Roseberry has installed this previously in the other thread - might be worth a PM ?

I already have the Eucon Software installed...I just don't have the "Sonar" bit...
and it seems quite ODD that CbB's manual STATES that it supports it...and 
that is SHOULD be there...

Whaddyawant for free anyways?

Edited by cclarry

There is a Eucon control surface plugin for Cakewalk.

You need that, the Eucon installer from Avid, and Eucontrol for iPAD.

I currently don't have Eucon installed on my machine.

I had it installed/working just fine with CbB.

It's a little more convoluted to configure (than native support for Eucon)... as you have to manually configure the various options in the Eucon control surface plugin.

You can use Eucontrol to control any Eucon enabled application (ProTools, Cubase, Samplitude ProX, etc).

Capabilities go far beyond a simple control surface.

ie: You can directly access menu items via a single touch.

Even setting up some basic things (undo, redo, quantize, Views, Process menu options, etc) can greatly enhance workflow.

Edited by Jim Roseberry

8 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

There is a Eucon control surface plugin for Cakewalk.

You need that, the Eucon installer from Avid, and Eucontrol for iPAD.

I currently don't have Eucon installed on my machine.

I had it installed/working just fine with CbB.

It's a little more convoluted to configure (than native support for Eucon)... as you have to manually configure the various options in the Eucon control surface plugin.

You can use Eucontrol to control any Eucon enabled application (ProTools, Cubase, Samplitude ProX, etc).

Capabilities go far beyond a simple control surface.

ie: You can directly access menu items via a single touch.

Even setting up some basic things (undo, redo, quantize, Views, Process menu options, etc) can greatly enhance workflow.

Problem is that you can't download the "Eucon Cakewalk" driver anywhere anymore....

6 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Yep...already gone through all that...no go...won't let me log in....and even when I did the get the download,
when trying to run it states:

The program requires and x86 Version of Windows to run...

And even compatibility mode didn't help....

To much hassle...

They need to get with the times and get their own control app out...

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, ISAAC THOMPSON said:

Hey guys I wrote support@cakewalk.com and they sent me the 64bit Cakewalk Eucon installer and it works 🙂

Hello, would it be OK to post it here (to avoid bombing Cakewalk support with e-mails asking for this) :)

I went ahead and asked support for the file as well, and they sent it to me no problem. I also asked if I could post it in forum, but they neglected to answer that part, so...

Anyway, it seems to work OK, though not as complete as I was expecting, at least compared to how Cubase is configured for EUCON. There don't seem to be any soft keys set-up by default, and the meters in the Avid Control app don't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I figured it out. After getting the EuCon installer, I discovered that there is still a softkey layout here: C:\Program Files\Euphonix\EuCon\SQRL.

However, it's named SONARPDR.xml, and doesn't work with CbB unless you copy that and rename it to Cakewalk.xml. Thought I'd post here in case some unfortunate future person finds the same issue.