Articulation Map for Miroslav Philharmonik2 solo instruments

jimlynch22

I've attached an Articulation Map I created for the key-switchable solo instruments  I use the most  in Miroslav Philharmionik2.  I hope other Miroslav users will find this useful.

I think Atriculation Maps are fantastic, especially the build-in Chord Triads map.  This map make writing chords for a melody super easy.  The function is so well designed and laid out, it's a real boost to creativity.  Bravo! 

It does crash a lot 😞 but I expect these bugs to be worked out.

Miroslav Solo.artmap

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is an excellent start.

The only change I would make to these is change the Chase Modes from CCs to Note for all articulations .

The quick way to do this is to open the artmap file in any text editor and replace all instances of "chaseMode":2 with "chaseMode":1

12 minutes ago, Michael Warren said:

I just started making the articulation maps. Could you elaborate on what chase mode 1 and 2 actually do?

There are three possibilities of Chase mode:  Note, CC or Full. 

It determines the event Kind in an articulation map that is chased.  Being “chased” means that if you start playback in the middle of a NOTE ON event, Cakewalk searches back for the most recent note event or controller events.  Now that articulation maps have been added to Cakewalk, these also have to be searched for and sent to activate the keyswitching.

Here is a scenario where this is important.

Imagine you have a sustain violin on 1 measure followed by a staccato violin on the next.

You would use an articulation map to change between those articulations.

Now if you open the project and start playback on the measure with the staccato violins and the chase mode for the staccato articulation is set to CC, the key switch note would not be sent.

Therefore the staccato would likely play with the wrong articulation instead.

Changing the chase mode to "Note" ensures that the correct keyswitch note gets sent when you start playback in the middle of the project and articulation map.

Note: For this to work, go to Preferences | Project | MIDI, and make sure both "MIDI Event Chase on Play" and "Include Note Events." are selected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Warren said:

Thanks. Perfectly clear explanation. I’ve been using note for the keyswitches. With sound iron vocal parts I’ll use cc for the Modwheel linked to blend. 0 for men, 127 for women, and 65 for both. Does that sound correct? 3 different cc labeled men, women, both.

That should work.  I would use CC for the Chase mode for those particular Articulation maps.

Really, the only real way to know if it's correct is to actually test it.   Make sure you include in your test a playback from the middle of an Articulation map.  That ensures CC events are chased property.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, Promidi said:

This is an excellent start.

The only change I would make to these is change the Chase Modes from CCs to Note for all articulations .

I  changed all the Chase Modes as you suggested, and also changed the Play At setting from "duration" to "start", which seems to make more sense. Thanks for the suggestion.

Miroslav Solo.artmap

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, jimlynch22 said:

I've attached an Articulation Map I created for the key-switchable solo instruments  I use the most  in Miroslav Philharmionik2.  I hope other Miroslav users will find this useful.

I think Atriculation Maps are fantastic, especially the build-in Chord Triads map.  This map make writing chords for a melody super easy.  The function is so well designed and laid out, it's a real boost to creativity.  Bravo! 

It does crash a lot 😞 but I expect these bugs to be worked out.

Miroslav Solo.artmap 31.91 kB · 10 downloads

I already did all of the Philharmonik Solo and Ensemble Instruments like a month ago, a couple of days after the Articulation Maps Beta were released.  I'm pretty sure someone is still mirroring the download.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

I already did all of the Philharmonik Solo and Ensemble Instruments like a month ago, a couple of days after the Articulation Maps Beta were released.  I'm pretty sure someone is still mirroring the download.

Can you re-upload here? That would be great!