Feature Request: More Buttons in the Control Bar "custom" Module

jimlynch22

I'd agree with that, and I'd also add that it would be cool to use icons as well as, or instead of text. You could do it similar to the Small / Medium / Large / Auto size modules for everything else, and have small be just icons, medium be text, and large be both perhaps. Fitting 12 icons in a module would be super easy and great to save space.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimlynch22 said:

Feature Request: More Buttons in the Control Bar "custom" Module:

. . . The current Custom Module allows a maximum of 9 buttons. Even 3 more would be very useful.

When I started using the Custom Module, I stumbled onto a workaround using Workspaces--different sets of buttons based on different types of projects. Not disagreeing with you or @Lord Tim's suggestions immediately below; just mentioning one possible workaround until there is a change. Another option might be to have a Folders Module so that a button will call up a floating window of custom buttons (for example).

WRT Workspaces, a while ago I explored micro changes using Workspaces. Based on my experience, it might be possible to have a Workspace that changes just the current set of custom buttons.  

Again, having a parameter that allows users to choose 9, 12, 15, 18 . . . n buttons sounds like a good idea to me and is probably easier and less confusing than using a Workspaces work-around.  Lines as dividers, icons, category labels, etc. would work for me, too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I stumbled onto a workaround using Workspaces

Yeah - you can't go wrong with Workspaces. ("PUN ALERT") It's like looking through your own personal "Lenses" into your workflow. 😀 

I have them customed to every template, I've created for most major popular genre's projects I get to mix - or my own.