Feature Request: Reset Sliders and Knobs

jimlynch22

5 hours ago, jimlynch22 said:

This would be useful when you use project A as a template to start a new project B, and you want to retain the tracks & instruments, but not the volumes, pan, etc.

Save your workspaces with your templates.

Cakewalk makes this super easy. I made a custom template and named it "Empty" by overriding the one thats already included, and moved a copy to my external. It saves your workspaces with the desired custom templates.  So, every time I start a new project, I just hit"Ctrl+S" and rename the newly project without altering the custom template. 

Here's the PDF of the documentation. Search "Cakewalk Workspaces" It's on page 68/69

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/Cakewalk Reference Guide.pdf

Edited by Will_Kaydo

22 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

It's done with "CTRL+Double Click" just make sure you select all the tracks with Ctrl+A to "highlight/Select all tracks.

That doesn't seem to fit the bill, as CTRL-CLICK sets the knob you click on to zero, but all the others move relative to where they were in relation to one you click.

3 minutes ago, jimlynch22 said:

That doesn't seem to fit the bill, as CTRL-CLICK sets the knob you click on to zero, but all the others move relative to where they were in relation to one you click.

Do you perhaps have any group tracks that are linked? 

22 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

So, every time I start a new project, I just hit"Ctrl+S" and rename the newly project without altering the custom template. 

Hi Will. I appreciate your suggestion and your taking time to offer it.   I have some templates with common setups I use and it's powerful.  However,  I tend to use different instruments and patches for every project, templates are not the anwser for the workflow I have in mind. 

2 minutes ago, jimlynch22 said:

Hi Will. I appreciate your suggestion and your taking time to offer it.   I have some templates with common setups I use and it's powerful.  However,  I tend to use different instruments and patches for every project, templates are not the anwser for the workflow I have in mind. 

Hi Jim. I hear you loud and clear. The Ctrl-Double does it for me though. It resets all my faders to zero same goes for the panpots, gain and send. It doesn't do a global reset though. 

Let me get back at you later.