Guitar Center filing for bankruptcy (not a deal)

Matthew Sorrels

16 hours ago, Bapu said:

I bought Abbey Road on the day it was released from that there store (assuming it was on Sunset Blvd. which is what it looks like).

I'm not sure that is the one on Sunset. From memory, there was a bigger building behind it and the car park is smaller with a road alongside making it on more of a corner, although tbf it might have looked different back when everything was in black and white.

If only you'd gone there to buy that album 33 years later you might have bumped into me.😀

Edited by paulo

The Going-Out-Of-Business-Sale That Almost Got Away!

Talking about bankrupt music stores, does anyone remember Mars Music?  I lucked out (in part)!!!  I stumbled onto the very last day of the "Going Out Of Business" sale (1) when I actually had money to spend and (2) on the day they cut the sale short because someone made an offer to buy all the remaining stock, they locked the doors with more good buys I was still considering, and they ended the sale several days early.

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

A huuuuuuge public correction, and apology!!! The Tower Records pic I posted. Which I thought was labelled Sunset, is 100% the San Francisco store!

I think!

72226d00c90d975d62a022ec50ec1786.thumb.jpg.b57d10fe982d86ce10ff9841d5c0104d.jpg

Welcome, Suzie Quatro ! Except I don't think this is her band, is it?

It was a simpler time.

Band of Others

On 11/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, emeraldsoul said:

What's next, Tower Records?

b61fbf02d3522b1d39ea3854b24073a8.jpg

Lol i think it was the first place i went in in New Orleans when i first came to the city ... lol is this something we see on several cities or i'm trippin ?

Edited by Zo

5MNg3D1.png

Another one of my favorite places for CD's gone :( 

I know it is all streaming now but my wife and I would spent at least an hour each time we would venture into Borders either to browse books, magazines or the music. I don't think we every left the place without buying something to.

• Like 1