Remember previously selected Export folder on a per-project basis

GreenLight

If the Export Audio option would remember the previously selected folder on a per-project basis, it would save a few seconds for every export. I tend to always export a project to the same folder, during the project lifetime. It should persist between restarts of Cakewalk. And, the functionality could be optional, as it might not suit everyone's workflow.

Collectively, for all exports all users do, it would save days. 🤗

Edited by GreenLight
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 2

On 11/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, GreenLight said:

If the Export Audio option would remember the previously selected folder on a per-project basis, it would save a few seconds for every export. I tend to always export a project to the same folder, during the project lifetime. It should persist between restarts of Cakewalk. And, the functionality could be optional, as it might not suit everyone's workflow.

Collectively, for all exports all users do, it would save days. 🤗

Easy: Here you go.

2 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I agree it's a pain

All you have to do is Choose your desired format upon export. 

TIP: Create subfolders for each format like - e.g. "Stem folders, Wav Files, MP3" etc. and every time you export a certain format - only that folder will appear.

Export.thumb.jpg.bf954dd242db3ddc57e57dd4cf52348c.jpg

Have Fun!✌️

Edited by Will_Kaydo

12 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Easy: Here you go.

TIP: Create subfolders for each format like - e.g. "Stem folders, Wav Files, MP3" etc. and every time you export a certain format - only that folder will appear.

Have Fun!✌️

Cheers Will but I don't think that's what the OP meant. 

Personally I want all files to remain within the respective Project folder , it's much easier for me to keep everything together that way.  i.e all Project audio, CWP files, rough mixes and Final Deliverables are all in one umbrella Folder. 

image.png.8847b17b8991c34a3f013683fba186a9.png

12 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

This is not what the OP wants, because

1. it is not per project basis
  2. it affects also the load of audio files, there is no explicit "export" folder

39 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Cheers Will but I don't think that's what the OP meant. 

Personally I want all files to remain within the respective Project folder , it's much easier for me to keep everything together that way.  i.e all Project audio, CWP files, rough mixes and Final Deliverables are all in one umbrella Folder. 

image.png.8847b17b8991c34a3f013683fba186a9.png

Oh  "per project basis."