SoundSpot Cyclone (and others) $5 at PB

Starship Krupa

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=6813

Yeah, I know, most of us have purchased all of their stuff in order to qualify for the Pluginboutique freebies, but if for some reason you passed up Cyclone, their bus compressor, it's a very good tool, one I use on every mix. The GUI is big and beautiful and it's kind of two identical compressors in one. It does either L&R or Mid-Side mode, with the two sides individually adjustable. This is something that often requires two instances of a compressor to achieve, so it's very handy to have it all in one. Every compressor adjustment is there, including knee, and there's adjustable saturation and a switch for RMS or Peak detection.

I use it in mid-side with different threshold and release settings on mid and side, to enhance the stereo field. If you haven't tried that technique, you may be in for a surprise treat.

Also included in the sale are Overtone, which is a mastering style EQ that can do the independent L&R/Mid-Side thing that Cyclone does, and Glitch, which is a tool for exactly that.

These are just the ones I personally recommend. I haven't tried the Union synth, but some on the forum liked it well enough for the price.

SoundSpot's day in the sun, to the extent that they had one, seems to be over, eclipsed and outclassed by W.A. Production, but there are some gems in its portfolio.

• Like 1