Wayward Audio coming from MIDI Tracks? Help please.

Billy86

I can't figure this out.   I have an instance of Kontakt, a multirack, with a 6-string Strummed Acoustic and a 12-string Strummed Acoustic. Each is on its own MIDI channel, and each outputs from Kontakt to its own channel in CbB. I have the CbB track of each (where their audio is routed to from Kontakt ) going to an Acoustic Guitar Aux Track so I can control their levels with one fader; that goes to the Master. However,  when I mute the Aux Track, I'm still hearing both guitars, like they're bleeding through somewhere via their MIDI channels. 

I can even mute each instrument/audio track, and I still hear their audio somehow, although at a lower volume. Can't figure out where it's coming from.  There are no Sends on either audio channel, so the audio on each track is not going anywhere other than the Acoustic Guitar Aux Track, which also doesn't have any Sends. It seems like the MIDI tracks are still outputting audio?? I tried muting their respective MIDI tracks and then all the audio gets muted. I've turned echo off on the MIDI tracks.  Doesn't help; they're still output audio somehow? What should I try next? Thanks!

I agree with Greg.   Aux tracks are  for Aux routing situations and are not meant to be used as a sub buss at least not when you come from a mixing console world.   

So if you look at your 2 midi guitar tracks the outputs probably still say Master. Insert a new buss, call it Guitars, then set the output of the Guitar tracks to that instead of the Master buss. Sub busses are very handy things, I use them a lot. Make sure all sub busses are outputting to your Master Buss. You can set the Master as default.