"Note On" event being triggered every time I press "Play", but...

Ted Chmura

Question

This is Nuts!

I've got a track with Session Drummer loaded up and data in it.  It works fine.

BUT...if at ANY point I make the "mistake" of pressing any key below C2 (the keys that fire off the pre-recorded "riffs") - after that, every time I press the "Play" Button, or the Spacebar (Play) - that same riff triggers !!

I assure you that the key press was NOT recorded.  Further, if I DUPLICATE the track and then delete the original, the issue doesn't occur.  But if I then even touch one of those keys below C2...again, pressing the PLAY button will fire off the riff immediately.

Any ideas??

Thanks !!

4 answers to this question

Could it be a combination  of the transport settings in SI-Drums, the MIDI notes that trigger the loops and loops loaded in the pattern grid.

The button on the right of the SI-Drums transport, Loop Transport, causes the synth to continuously play the current while the transport is running

The MIDI patters are triggered by MIDI notes 8, 9, 10 and 11

MIDI note 7 stops playing the current MIDI pattern

Click the Loop Transport to toggle

In Session Drummer, I believe this is because triggering any of those keys activates SD's PLAY button (indicated by an orange box) so that whenever the transport is in PLAY mode, the last selected drum Pattern also plays.

Simply hit the OFF button or key to deactivate it. On my 88 key controller it's the lowest G key.

Edited by sjoens

I misread the OP

Session Drummers is similar to SI-Drums but has more MIDI slots to trigger.

The loop transport is symbol to the right of the play icon.

The MIDI patterns are triggered by MIDI notes 27 through 34.

MIDI note 24 stops playing the MIDI pattern.

This info in available in the Session Drummer help. To bring up the help, bring the plug-in UI into focus and hit F1.