All Kilohearts updated to 1.8.6

cclarry

Wow just updated my Windows version and lots of errors.

Get a pair of errors similar to these for every plugin:

Download failed for file 'C:\ProgramData/Kilohearts\cache\kfat-factory-presets.zip/ad37eed460136ab1', and no local copy is available.
Unable to open file for writing: C:\ProgramData/Kilohearts\cache\kfat-factory-presets.zip/ad37eed460136ab1.part

Could be errors are nonsense - looks like all* the snapins/plugins have presets.
*I only checked about 5 random ones, not all.
For Windows - you might want to back up C:\ProgramData\Kilohearts\cache folder before installing.

I sent KiloHearts a bug report.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Wow just updated my Windows version and lots of errors.

Get a pair of errors similar to these for every plugin:

Download failed for file 'C:\ProgramData/Kilohearts\cache\kfat-factory-presets.zip/ad37eed460136ab1', and no local copy is available.
Unable to open file for writing: C:\ProgramData/Kilohearts\cache\kfat-factory-presets.zip/ad37eed460136ab1.part

Could be errors are nonsense - looks like all* the snapins/plugins have presets.
*I only checked about 5 random ones, not all.
For Windows - you might want to back up C:\ProgramData\Kilohearts\cache folder before installing.

I sent KiloHearts a bug report.

Yep, same here, all preset related.

re

Wow just updated my Windows version and lots of errors

Fix is to delete the Kilohearts folders and reinstall.
If you don't delete C:\ProgramData\Kilohearts\licenses  folder
you might skip the need to reregister/activate the plugin set, but no promises.

Here's the email I got from Kilohearts support.
++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry you're running into issues installing the update. Could you try a clean re-install? That should fix it. Here are some instructions - let me know whether this works: 

Step 1: Find and delete your Kilohearts folder. There are two possible locations as we moved things around a while ago. It's best to check for both of them and remove whatever is there.

• Old location: C:\Users\[your_user]\AppData\Local\Kilohearts
  • New Location: C:\ProgramData\Kilohearts

Note that ProgramData is a hidden folder, so make sure you enable "see hidden files" in your file browser.

Step 2: Download the latest version of the installer: https://kilohearts.com/data/install/_/win

Step 3: Install as normal.

Take care of yourself and stay safe,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1