Oeksound Soothe 2 - sale on now (for a few days only)

lawajava

Reg $219

Black Friday sale

A sale is just around the corner! soothe2 will be available for 139€, and spiff for 99€.
The price for an upgrade license for soothe2 will be 39€.

The sale starts on the November 27th and lasts until the November 30th.

An example YouTube (kind of harsh example, but is explaining how Soothe2 helps tone down some of the harshness)

I don't have this one yet.  Opinions?

(Intriguing sidechain capability described around the 8 min mark of the YouTube link above)

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hesitated between Gullfoss and Soothe to bring mixing magic and smoother tracks. Opted for the former and have been in mixing heaven ever since.
Gullfoss is the best “magicalizer” I know, together with Zynaptiq Intensity. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Hesitated between Gullfoss and Soothe to bring mixing magic and smoother tracks. Opted for the former and have been in mixing heaven ever since.
Gullfoss is the best “magicalizer” I know, together with Zynaptiq Intensity. 

Hm, they seem to be quite different purpose to me.

I believe sooth is more suitable for fighting with unpleasant real resonances while gullfoss is thing more for polishing using psychoacoustic.  Like more for finishing touch on the end of the mix or master.

Recording at home means many thing to fix after  (especially where there is no good treatment). I was unable to do it with gulfoss. Pure dynamic EQ (like Melda's) was much better for this. But Sooth is dynamically also swiping frequency like little tracing a problem.  So when I tested Sooth2 I was pretty impressed.

True, it’s good. But with all things iZotope plus Gullfoss (and Intensity) I consider myself covered. Sonible plugins like Frei:raum also help. Anyway, I don’t feel the need to get Soothe to fight unwanted resonances, while I can use the entire Zynaptiq bundle with FabFilter Pro-Q3.

(Or, in the words of The Voice:)

If they can’t take me there, I won’t get anywhere. It’s up to me and Q3, Q3. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

This thing is very good and hoped to grab it at BF...  But hoped for something much lower than 139€ :( 

Probably even in harder times it is good seller so they do not need to go too low to grab attention...

I’ve been waiting for this one but was hoping $99.   Seems last BF Soothe was on sale for $99 and Easter time they offered the $39 update to soothe2.  So I guess it’s about the same.

8 hours ago, chris.r said:

So there's no real alternative to Soothie or Gulfoss for much more reasonable price? Guess bx_refinement won't make it.

I have been eyeing up Teote which is a cheaper Gulfoss alternative.  

https://www.voxengo.com/product/teote/ 

Here's a YouTube video which compares it to Gulfoss: 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

A lot of super positive comments about Soothe 2 generally speaking as I look at reviews.  This particular YouTube has a lot of positive feedback regarding the plugin.  The clip itself has a good explanation.

I’m now off the fence.  I’ll be getting this when the sale takes effect toward the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I may come around on these things, but as of now I’m a little reluctant to jump in. Between “smoothers”, the loudness wars, and other such production techniques, it seems like it’s very easy to suck out the emotion and life from music. I’m constantly amazed at how live music (with all of its imperfections) is frequently much more emotionally involving than recordings of the same. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I'm wondering if this is due to happen again?

Why revive a 3 years-old thread when there’s an already ongoing 4 pages long discussion on the first page of the deals section? This is misleading, I thought it went on sale.

Edit: And I just saw that it’s your thread that you started…

Edited by Yan Filiatrault