Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Larry Shelby

KVR Reader's Choice Awards 2020

Recommended Posts

For the life of me, I don't know how they chose Chromophone twice as the World Instrument.

First, because, better than EthnoWorld, World Suite, the Tarilontes, Evolution Series, and many many others?   You have to be joking. 

But even more so because AAS has three truly wonderful expansions dedicated to world music: JOURNEYS, MASALA, and MASALA 2.  Very, very exciting achievements in world music, as they create "world instruments" that don't exist.   But they're for String Studio, not Chromophone.  🤔

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

For the life of me, I don't know how they chose Chromophone twice as the World Instrument.

First, because, better than EthnoWorld, World Suite, the Tarilontes, Evolution Series, and many many others?   You have to be joking. 

But even more so because AAS has three truly wonderful expansions dedicated to world music: JOURNEYS, MASALA, and MASALA 2.  Very, very exciting achievements in world music, as they create "world instruments" that don't exist.   But they're for String Studio, not Chromophone.  🤔

 Once you learn how to use it you can do some really nice things.  I didn't realize it's potential for cinematic percussive stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Guitar Rig???

I believe many people voted there because of more known for them  manufacturers name having no idea about amp sims nor using them at all.. Just to have entry done.

Just like somebody would ask me for voting for best perfumes and giving choices like:  Chloea, Dior, Channel I would pick Channel as I like Pro Channel :) 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I believe many people voted there because of more known for them  manufacturers name having no idea about amp sims nor using them at all.. Just to have entry done.

typical plebiscite :D, a popularity rank more of like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chris.r said:

typical plebiscite :D, a popularity rank more of like...

Even worse... As it is not popularity of product itself despite of its inferior quality than competitors. It is popularity of manufacturer...

Just like somebody would vote for Microsoft linux...

But dear NI pls don't feel offended. I respect your brand and like lots of your products.

But ... just considering 2020, competitors are far away in this product type...

Or maybe I am totally wrong and NI GR 6 is total game changer which even with so short life in 2020 is able to beat them all? ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the issue with these is that we all really only know about products that we've tried. It's not as if everyone who voted tried half a dozen products in each category and made educated choices.

Guitar Rig is part of Komplete, and there's even a free version, so the NI fans are going to vote for that even if they have little interest in amp sims. I think I use Voxengo Boogex more than anything else. Maybe the Overloud TH3 that comes with CbB. I don't even think about it I use them so infrequently.

Manufacturers have forums where users are encouraged to vote. I've long suspected that the success of Reaper in these polls may be skewed by their very active and online-engaged user base rather than reflecting the product's actual popularity. For the people it works well for, it seems to work really well, and everyone else is kinda "wut?"

All of which adds up to these things being kinda clickbait, IMO, although I do participate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Piotr said:
9 hours ago, chris.r said:

typical plebiscite :D, a popularity rank more of like...

Even worse... As it is not popularity of product itself despite of its inferior quality than competitors. It is popularity of manufacturer...

why is Ford the best cars manufacturer (WV in Europe)...? because all my neighbors are driving them :D

 

(oops: no offense if you're driving Ford or WV! I didn't mean they are bad cars, I only mean that they are more popular from what I, or someone else, might consider a better car... just like Guitar Rig :P... I better shut up now🤐)

Edited by chris.r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...