Rast Sound Eastern Clarinet

cclarry

Yes, our new release is available to download now!
25 Euro Intro Offer

Eastern Clarinet brings the magical sound of middle eastern clarinet with 5 solo styles, phrase composer tools, patterns and performances. This library comes with our new base engine with improved solo playing & realism.

You can now see all details and demos, have the library with intro offer.

https://rastsound.com/downloads/eastern-clarinet/

I can't say about the other instruments but I have Mideast Vocals I & II, Persian Vocals and Balkan Vocals, and I have to say that I'm not very impressed with any of them. I really want to like them but I can't.

I don't use loops, so I can't say anything about them, but some of the issues I have with the playable* voices are:

• With a couple of exceptions all the female voices sound very artificial, like something you would get from an 80's synth. Persian Vocals II is better than the others but that's not much of a compliment. There is just one male singer in the whole bunch.
  • There are quite a few cases where the singer flails around the note until they finally hit it. They honestly don't sound like professional singers to me.
  • The only vocalizations available are "aa", "mm" and "eh", and for the most part it's just one vowel for a voice.
  • The range of the singers is in most cases only a couple of notes over an octave, which isn't enough for me. As if that wasn't bad enough, it sometimes sounds like the highest and/or lowest notes are sampled from other notes, as they sound even more artificial than the rest.
  • As far as I can tell there is no real legato and the scripted one sounds awful.
  • The voices are too weak and breathy for my taste, there isn't much of resonance going on. The exceptions here are the "mm" sounds in Balkan Vocals, which I actually like, and Gulten in Mideast vocals I.

What saddens me most is that the playable voices don't have that "ethnic" tone that I was looking for. There are very small traces of something "exotic" but for the most part if I didn't know better I would think these are your (below) average western singers.

*) Is this the correct word?