CreativeSauce Cakewalk articulation maps vid

Steve Harder

10 hours ago, chris.r said:

watch the video posted above from minute 8:00

same goes about transpose or any other processing

But also watch the video from 3:40 about how the pianoroll looks messy when filled with all those keyswitches, does the articulation map solve the problem? Also, if you decide to replace a sustain articulation with a legato one, will you have to also make that change into the  map line?  is it what we call a saving time feature ?

If the articulation map would trigger keys by itself, that would be a great tool.  

• Like 1

I have yet to try it out but on the strength of this video I think the implementation is better than Studio One's articulation lanes.  Of course the articulation lane in conjunction with the chord track is pretty powerful. Let's hope Bandlab implement a chord track soon, now we have articulation maps the chord track is now the only feature that would make me choose Studio One when working with MIDI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sergedaigno said:

But also watch the video from 3:40 about how the pianoroll looks messy when filled with all those keyswitches, does the articulation map solve the problem? Also, if you decide to replace a sustain articulation with a legato one, will you have to also make that change into the  map line?  is it what we call a saving time feature ?

If the articulation map would trigger keys by itself, that would be a great tool.  

yeah, what Collin says, better watch the whole video, it's in you favor

Articulation Maps will do all you're asking, it is a time saving feature and will give you better visual overview (and it does trigger keys)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chris.r said:

yeah, what Collin says, better watch the whole video, it's in you favor

Articulation Maps will do all you're asking, it is a time saving feature and will give you better visual overview (and it does trigger keys)

That is an answer (see Collin?), in my mind it was not clear since keyswitches into the piano roll were not removed. Thanks, it's gonna be very useful as a tool :)

• Like 2

I've watched multiple tutorials from @Creative Sauce and they're all awesome. This one is no exception. I like and subscribe and ring the bell.

I do have one problem with the video, and that is how to correctly pronounce capo. I thought I was correct in pronouncing it "capo" but after the video, now I'm not sure if I should be pronouncing it "capo".

If anyone can articulate the correct pronunciation, I can regain my will to live!

Edited by razor7music
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, razor7music said:

I've watched multiple tutorials from @Creative Sauce and they're all awesome. This one is no exception. I like and subscribe and ring the bell.

I do have one problem with the video, and that is how to correctly pronounce capo. I thought I was correct in pronouncing it "capo" but after the video, now I'm not sure if I should be pronouncing it "capo".

If anyone can articulate the correct pronunciation, I can regain my will to live!

It's "capo". You had it right the first time.

Edited by Colin Nicholls
Oh! You mean "kay-po"
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I have yet to try it out but on the strength of this video I think the implementation is better than Studio One's articulation lanes.  Of course the articulation lane in conjunction with the chord track is pretty powerful. Let's hope Bandlab implement a chord track soon, now we have articulation maps the chord track is now the only feature that would make me choose Studio One when working with MIDI.

I'm curious what aspects of a chord track are attractive to you in your workflow. i.e how do you use it. Feel free to make a thread in the feature requests forum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, razor7music said:

From what I can tell... if your steering wheel is on the right-hand side of your car it's "kap-oh"... if its on the left side, it's "kay-p-oh"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, razor7music said:

but I guess they are compatible with Cubase so you can just import those.

While importing Cubase expression maps is a great way to jumpstart using articulation maps Cakewalk does offer the extra capability to organize arts into folders.  So Cakewalk maps will have a "value- added" capability that users may want to use and then share.

Cubase maps end up being one long list of articulations for an instrument.  Being able to organize that list into a tree structure adds some usability.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:41 AM, razor7music said:

I always love a good pun :) Thank you! Apparently the word derives from the Italian word 'capodastro' - but I don't speak Italian, so I'm not much help :)

• Like 1