Problems with 2020.11

moonbooter

Hi,

first many thanks for Cakewalk.. I use this software sind the 90th ;o)

Actual problem: I installed the fresh update 2020.11. After installation, Cakewalk freezes any time I try to play or

record. I checked all settings and did a new installation. Same problem (W10, 1909).

So I recovered my system. Problem is gone...

Is there a way to get the legacy installation files?  Or is there another way to undo a Cakewalk update?

Thanks and stay healthy

Bernd

1 hour ago, moonbooter said:

Hi,

first many thanks for Cakewalk.. I use this software sind the 90th ;o)

Actual problem: I installed the fresh update 2020.11. After installation, Cakewalk freezes any time I try to play or

record. I checked all settings and did a new installation. Same problem (W10, 1909).

So I recovered my system. Problem is gone...

Is there a way to get the legacy installation files?  Or is there another way to undo a Cakewalk update?

Thanks and stay healthy

Bernd

I don't think it is Cakewalk related. There was known issues with the 1909 windows build on some machines. There could've been a reg.file missing that windows required for CbB running engine. 

Do you use the currently machine in question purely just for Music and Video creation only? 

Try these Steps: 

If this don't solve the issue for you, scroll down to the bottom on this link to find all the previous releases in every Link that's attached to the OP.

Edited by Will_Kaydo