In PRV can't add to selection using SHIFT Left Mouse Click

RobertWS

In the help:  http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.14.html

There is this:

To select notes with the Select tool...

• Add to the selection  - Hold the SHIFT key while selecting notes
  • Toggle the selection  - Hold the CTRL key while selecting notes

Neither is working for my.  Have I lost my mind?   (That's a rhetorical question, I'm well aware my mind is shot!)

What am I doing wrong?

I use the smart tool almost exclusively. To make multiple selections with the smart tool - after the initial selection (right-click+drag to lasso with the smart tool), hold the CTRL key and repeat the right-click+drag to lasso more notes. Here is a small video - after the initial selection the CTRL key is held the rest of the time to select and deselect notes across two clips.

ReQxN67.gif

• Like 2

Thank you.

Using the Smart Tool is a great workaround.   I was using the select tool...which should work...but doesn't.

Useless unrelated information:  I've been using Voyetra's Record Producer Deluxe for years but they stopped support and development and it's been slowly breaking under new Window's versions.  I'm almost as productive with Cakewalk now so...woo hoo!

• 2 years later...

Man, this is really irritating! Add to seletcion in PRV is just not available?!!?!?!?!?! (in Sonar 8 was just the default)
The inverting selection using the CTRL is SOOOO useless... why would you want to invert the selection in first place?!