Still Using Win 7

Michael Richards

Hi, I'm still with Win 7 and this November 2020 release does not say it will work on Win 7. Has anyone tried it with Win 7.

I know I need to move up to Win 10, tried to upgrade my machine 7 times and after hours of installing Win 10 got a notice that it was not possible and the error code was too vague to figure out why. Anyway, My Corona has moved me into an existence of surviving, and I have to make due with Win 7 for a bit longer.

I've just given the 2020.11 release a quick run through on Windows 7 - seems to be working fine for me. 

It was a very quick test though... just loaded up a project with some articulations and checked it played ok, and the articulation dialogs were working properly.

Don't forget that the O.S. requirements are stated on the CbB website.  A quick glance shows it still listed as "Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)". 

I expect if this were to change suddenly, the devs would announce it in big bold letters in the CHANGELOG AND WEBSITE (hopefully ahead of time) since it would affect quite a few users.

5 hours ago, Michael Richards said:

I did get a warning after I clicked to install. It said something like "this operating system is not supported . . ."

That's when I stopped and dropped by to see what you all think about it. Even though I think I put Cakewalk through its paces, mscleod is lightyears ahead of me.

Thank you, both.

Perhaps it was a 3rd party add-in that gave the message.

14 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Perhaps it was a 3rd party add-in that gave the message.

It is from Cakewalk alright. All win7 users are seeing that when we install a new update of CbB.

The phrase "this operating system is not supported . . ." should be read as "this operating system do not have a supportdesk any more . . ."

• Like 2