Help with automatization

Paco Tapia

Hello!!

I have a problem when I'm writing automation in a chanel or bus (Volume riding, for example)

This happens either if I use my external universal control surface or when I ride with the mouse.

I´ll try to explain.

If I want to do very fast ridings on a fader, I click on the icon to Write the movements (W), then, I start to playing the track and begin riding.

While this is happening, Cakewalk seems to read every fine riding I do . Then I stop the automatization and now, the line of the envelope only shows hard movements, not fine ridings. In other words, is not reading my fine movements.

Can somebody tel me how I fix this?

Attached two files that show what I mean

Many thanks

Hector Tapia

Fine ridings.png

Hard ridings.png

• Paco Tapia changed the title to Help with automatization

Hi,

I was reading your topic and I was wondering if this has to do with resolution of the automation nodes . . .  So I did some digging and here is what I found:

To draw automation shapes
1. Set the track’s Edit Filter control to the desired automation parameter (Track Automation or Clip Automation).
2. Select the desired pattern tool: Sine Pattern tool , Triangle Pattern tool , Square Pattern tool , Saw Pattern tool , or Random Pattern tool .

3.  Set the Snap to Grid to the desired length of each cycle of the shape you want to draw. For example, if you want to draw sine curves, and you want each complete sine curve to last one beat, set the Snap to Grid to a value of Quarter. If the Snap to Grid is disabled, the default cycle is one measure.
4.  Click and hold the mouse button in the Clips pane at the place where you want to draw the envelope shape. The place where you click also sets the vertical midpoint of the shape.
5.  Drag up or down to set the vertical range of the envelope, then drag to the right or left to set the length of your edit. As you drag, the cursor’s vertical distance from the midpoint (the point where you originally clicked) determines the amplitude of the shape. To create a series of identical shapes, hold the SHIFT key down while you drag. To gradually increase or decrease the amplitude, gradually move the pointer farther from or closer to the midpoint.
6.  Release the mouse button when done. The shape you selected appears, repeating according to the Snap to Grid setting.

I have not try this, or claim to know what  I am talking about (lol)  but the above is what I came across (see number three). I don't know if it helps.  I also saw some topics in the forum from long ago that also complained about the resolution of the "nodes".  I don't know if that was addressed from then . . .   Hopefully someone from this forum that does have automation experiences will reply . . . 

Syphus