USB headphone output playbcak problem

PinahSir

Question

Hi! 

I can't hear the playback in my headphones. They are connected to the PC, not in the interface( cause of usb port). If i use the ASIO plugin, it only shows my interface, my headphones are no tobe seen. If I cahnge the driver to smth else, than I see them, bu my interface is gone. Is there a driver that can detect both? Or is there a solution?

6 answers to this question

ASIO only supports a single device at one time. So an input device/interface that uses an ASIO driver will not work with an output device that uses an ASIO driver any more than two input devices will share an ASIO driver. There are other drivers that will support multiple devices, but whether your devices will work with other driver models is the question. Specifically what makes and models of devices are you using, what version of Windows etc.? Or you can check the documentation of the devices to see what they say. 

18 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

ASIO only supports a single device at one time. So an input device/interface that uses an ASIO driver will not work with an output device that uses an ASIO driver any more than two input devices will share an ASIO driver.

The ASIO restriction is one I/O driver at a time, not one device.

There are manufacturers that make ASIO drivers that support multiple devices.

I am unaware of any manufacturer supplied driver that supports mixing hardware from different manufacturers.

Other driver modes do not have this restriction.

ASIO4All does not have this restriction either. This is because it is not an ASIO driver. It is wrapper for WDM drivers. It can aggregate multiple WDM drivers and present them to the host in a single "driver."

If one has a dedicated audio interface with a decent manufacturer supplied ASIO driver, use headphones connected to the interface.

1 hour ago, slartabartfast said:

ASIO only supports a single device at one time. So an input device/interface that uses an ASIO driver will not work with an output device that uses an ASIO driver any more than two input devices will share an ASIO driver. There are other drivers that will support multiple devices, but whether your devices will work with other driver models is the question. Specifically what makes and models of devices are you using, what version of Windows etc.? Or you can check the documentation of the devices to see what they say. 

Interface: m-audio mtrack mk2, on windows 10. The headphone is a spirit of gamer.

53 minutes ago, scook said:

The ASIO restriction is one I/O driver at a time, not one device.

There are manufacturers that make ASIO drivers that support multiple devices.

I am unaware of any manufacturer supplied driver that supports mixing hardware from different manufacturers.

Other driver modes do not have this restriction.

ASIO4All does not have this restriction either. This is because it is not an ASIO driver. It is wrapper for WDM drivers. It can aggregate multiple WDM drivers and present them to the host in a single "driver."

If one has a dedicated audio interface with a decent manufacturer supplied ASIO driver, use headphones connected to the interface.

If i use another headphone connected the the interface, its not working either, I mean, i hear the real-time monitoring, but the playback is so quiet, I can't  hear it, even on max volume.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, scook said:

Most interfaces have a way to mix the direct signal with the signal from the DAW.

If this is your interface https://www.m-audio.com/products/view/m-track-mkii

The mix knob is above the +48v button.

All the way to the left is direct signal only.

All the way to the right is the usb signal only (IOW the DAW)

This solved the problem, I was so dumb. Thank you for the solution!