[IS NOW] VocalSync Not Working In CbB?

sjoens

(I'm duping this Q here as I got no response in the Q&A forum.)

It seems to work in SPLAT (tho the editor disappears as soon as it opens).

I follow the online directions. I watch the videos. But all I get is a dead VS Editor that does nothing.

After selecting a track and creating the region FX, the Editor dial opens but instead of the track name at the top, it says <Select Guide> and the dropdown is defunct.

The clip turns gray and says "Vocalsync" in the name but it isn't split in half like the pictures show.

If I click anywhere away from the editor, it disappears.

The online doc says "Right-click the desired guide track and select Set as Default VocalSync Guide Track on the pop-up menu."  but there is no such selection in the pop up menu.

Is something wrong with CbB's VS here?

Edited by sjoens

Thanks Noel. I have several audio tracks. I opened the same project in Sonar PLAT and it worked, except that it disappears after opening. In CbB it opens and stays open but doesn't work at all. It could be hanging at the opening point for some reason.

Mysteriously working now. Can't say why it didn't work before but it still disappears after opening. I have to double click the clip again to reopen it. Is that normal?

I also notice  you can't select a frozen or bounced softsynth clip, only real audio clips appear in the dropdown.

Edited by sjoens

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

In other words, bounced softsynth audio doesn't count as an audio track. If one was to use it they'd have to record the audio onto an audio track.

Try CTRL + SHIFT + dragging the bounced audio on to a fresh audio track.

9 hours ago, sjoens said:

Can't say why it didn't work before but it still disappears after opening. I have to double click the clip again to reopen it. Is that normal?

No its not normal but it is common and still happens to me once in a while. Im just taking a wild guess here but...Are you using old Project templates created in Sonar ?