Valley Of The Rye

Peter C

Appreciated. Maybe I should mention.....

Instruments from East West Voices of Empire, Symphonic Choirs and Symphony Orchestra and Storm Drum. Bass from Kontakt Factory Library, the arpeggio sound and a small amount of choir  from Roland Complete Orchestra. 

Recorded, mixed and mastered entirely in CbB with a little help from Waves and Izotope plugins. 

Oh, and backing vocs from Cheryl & me! And she produced the video😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

This would have special and sad meaning for the protagonist from *the catcher in the rye*.  Beautiful song, and I agree the singer is well suited to it.

Aaaahhhhh...such ignorance. I'm ashamed to say I have never read it - time to add to my reading list - to discover why it would have the special and sad meaning for the protagonist. Maybe CbB should start a virtual bookshop section. 😀

Many thanks for everyone's positive comments which I will pass on to Paige.  

Mark, thanks. I really do appreciate everyone's comments as does Cheryl.    There was a fair bit of angst involved  in the songwriting process, it went through  about  6 re-writes followed by about 6 arrangements tried and ditched.  I think there were three separate visits to Rievaulx for inspiration and video shoots. One of the challenges was how to get footage without people in. The last time we went was just before Lockdown 1 when we were about the only ones there. But we still ended up with people in shot, cue  a few happy hours in Photoshop and Blender.  Now what are we doing next......I have an idea for Scarborough Castle......