XLN Early Bird Black Friday Sale

cclarry

9 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

They are now selling bundles of ADpaks and MIDIpaks.  Did they ever do that before?

10 MIDIpaks for $65.   I think I would have taken that deal long ago.  Even on sale, that's $100.

That's definitely new, would have saved me a bunch since I ended up having to buy bundles to get all the MIDI (which also got me all the drums) and 4 left over kitpieces with nothing to choose.

• Like 1

Toontrack does more drum sets and MIDI in two weeks than XLN does in two years.

But I am happy with the Addictive Drums I already own and there are lots of places to get MIDI, like Ugritone, where you can get 20% off with the Code TIGER. (please note:  affiliate link)

Full disclosure:  I am not just a shill for Ugritone. In fact I purchased one of their collections just the other day. For a dollar.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 2

I don't need any more MIDIpaks or ADpaks, I jut new a new GUI that has new features like two kick drums or a drummers perspective.  Maybe give me separate outs for cymbals or allow me to alternate different mics on my kits.

Give me AD3

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2

I'll admit I horde MIDI files like a fiend.  But sadly good ones are never very cheap.  Ugritone is very nice, recommended.  I also like the AD2 MIDI packs and drums to be honest.  My big headache now that I've finally gotten all the EZKey MIDI files is to figure out how to get all the Toontrack Drum MIDI files without going broke.  All the good sources for 6 packs have increased their prices a bit.  Took me two years to get caught up on the EZKey MIDI files.  I think completing the drums may take even longer.

I hope AD3 is in development though.  I'd hate for Toontrack to be the only one left standing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'll admit I horde MIDI files like a fiend.  But sadly good ones are never very cheap.  Ugritone is very nice, recommended.  I also like the AD2 MIDI packs and drums to be honest.  My big headache now that I've finally gotten all the EZKey MIDI files is to figure out how to get all the Toontrack Drum MIDI files without going broke.  All the good sources for 6 packs have increased their prices a bit.  Took me two years to get caught up on the EZKey MIDI files.  I think completing the drums may take even longer.

I hope AD3 is in development though.  I'd hate for Toontrack to be the only one left standing.

I'd be interested in your favourite (cheap!) drum midi file sources ?

1 hour ago, simon said:

I'd be interested in your favourite (cheap!) drum midi file sources ?

Not really cheap but The Loop Loft was the go to for MIDI loops.  Not sure what's happened now that NI bought them.  Groove Monkee has great MIDI files.  And of course Toontrack and Addictive Drums.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Matthew Sorrels said:

Not really cheap but The Loop Loft was the go to for MIDI loops.  Not sure what's happened now that NI bought them.  Groove Monkee has great MIDI files.  And of course Toontrack and Addictive Drums.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some though.

Agree with Matthew; The Loop Loft, Groove Monkee are two that I've used and the quality is pretty good. Don't forget the MIDIs that come with your chosen drum sampler are often pretty good too. Ugritone as mentioned above is good and you can get cheap deals on them every now and then. And for those writing music in unusual time signatures, OddGrooves is great too. The drumming on those is pretty busy though, which might be good or bad.

• Like 1