Drum Replacer not changing sample

charles muscat

I have the same issue here.  I can reproduce in a new song - same issue.  If I go back to an old version of Sonar Platinum (X3) Drum Replacer works fine - I can switch samples.

What can I do the help get to the root of the bug so it can get squashed?  I'm running the latest (2020-11) version.

Thanks,
BJ

Also same problem. Drum replacer comes up, default sound works, will not change the sample and if you change the family of samples it never comes back.

If I remove the 'Region FX' and create it again, it comes back with the default sound, but it is not possible to change the sound.

More info:

Nothing shows up in event viewer.

Related: is there a way of turning on a 'debug/verbose' mode and get a log of activity in the app so we could report that? And to who?

This issue is also caused by a bug in the latest VST3 SDK that we updated to recently.
Its the same issue that was affecting strings in some plugins like Console One, Waves and Izotope Neutron. I've fixed the issue and notified Steinberg since the bug will affect any host using the latest VST3 SDK. We'll include the fix in the next maintenance release which should be fairly soon.

• Thanks 3