A thread with the best BF deals ?

Fleer

On 11/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, Fleer said:

Would love a thread with the best BF deals per instrument, so I’m sure I won’t miss those that can’t be missed. 

No snark intended, why don't you make one? I'd like to see that too. The information is here, you just want to see it collated, right?

On 11/11/2020 at 7:55 AM, Pseudopop said:

It's amazing how small purchases add up in time. And I have been collecting plugins and VSTs only for about 2-3 years.

It's true, that weekly dopamine squirt  for $10 adds up to $500 over a year's time. But I look at it like this: how much does it cost to eat one meal at Burger King, or even just leave a respectable tip in a fancier restaurant? We toss that money around like it's nothing. "Gotta eat, after all." And then whatever enjoyment I had from eating the burger ends right there.

We only notice that these "cheap" plug-ins add up because we get to keep them and, we hope, enjoy them. Ultimately, for people like me who are still learning, I try to move toward settling down with my favorite bread-and-butter ones, like my go-to compressors and reverb and EQ's. However, the ones that pull me in now are the "creative" or sound design ones. I'm especially getting into glitch-y sounds, so Glitchmachines running a $5 sale is just too good to pass up. Same with Trash 2. Not to mention all the fun toys that W.A. Production are cranking out.

Would I pay $40 for 5 stompboxes? That's how many top-tier FX are in that iZotope Holiday Bundle.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, chris.r said:

Anyone remember when NI is making best sales on their libraries? Need to collect some monnies for these session horns.

Kindly repeating the question... I'd like to know, if possible, when to start collecting pennies, instead of spending :) 

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Kindly repeating the question... I'd like to know, if possible, when to start collecting pennies, instead of spending :) 

Best time for Native Instruments, at least if you're buying a bundle, is during their 50% off sale around May/June.
In the past BF sales may have matched but not beaten their Summer sales.  I always wait for that sale to upgrade.

• Thanks 2