A thread with the best BF deals ?

Fleer

A long time ago Mike Greene did a sale where he raised the prices at Realitone.  I think the pitch was "act now or miss out on these high prices!"   Or something. Maybe he just threatened?   I don't remember the details but he is a funny guy. 

Seriously though, aside from the all-month stuff, most of the big  BF Friday sales won't start until next week.  A good chance that NI will start then.  And then they all happen on the week when it actually is Black Friday. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rasure said:

It`s actually quite crazy when you think about,  the amount we must have spent over the years on a bunch of 0`s and 1`s.

Trust me: ignorance is a bliss. I do my personal accounting in the same manner as one would do business accounting, so I know my expenses exactly. The numbers aren't pretty. It's amazing how small purchases add up in time. And I have been collecting plugins and VSTs only for about 2-3 years. 🙀

Edited by Pseudopop
typo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Trust me: ignorance is a bliss. I do my personal accounting in the same manner as one would do business accounting, so I know my expenses exactly. The numbers aren't pretty. It's amazing how small purchases add up in time. And I have been collecting plugins and VSTs only for about 2-3 years. 🙀

I'm with you.  And wait until you've got 20 years in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm going to post now and then on the TTF thread with what I think are the best deals.  I just did SONiVOX Singles. 

I've considered doing a section on my post of Tiger's Favorite Deals, but my thinking is  that it would disappoint everybody I left out.  With great power comes great responsibility,  right?   I would rather explain exactly why I'm recommending something.  And it would always be something I paid for myself.

Also what's a good deal for me is a "so what?" for somebody else. 

What makes this forum great is that it has a community that discusses everything.  It's not just a list of deals. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, jude77 said:

I'm with you.  And wait until you've got 20 years in.

I hear you. I already have lots of plugins that I bought only because they were cheap. I can only imagine what it's like for you guys.

11 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Also what's a good deal for me is a "so what?" for somebody else.

As an aside, this is something I'm still trying learn so I could avoid the slippery slope. I try to think "I'll buy something only if I need it so I can save money and have a lean but useful library where nothing gathers dust", but then comes along "this slightly interesting thing has never been this cheap before", "that sounds nice, maybe I could use this somewhere", "my ears can't really tell the difference but these old-timers are saying it's great and it's a decent price", and the worst of them all: "what the heck, it's only $9.99".

Someone's no-brainer doesn't mean I shouldn't use mine.

• Like 2

To save money, one thing I try to do about GAS  (I don't always succeed) is to play what I already have. 

For example, Organic Samples has just come out with a new piano and it sounds incredible.  I own everything else Organic Samples has made, so this would have been a no-brainer for me.

But instead of buying it, I've been playing all the pianos I own, particularly Noire, because it is similar.  And I ask myself, "what am I missing exactly in a piano?'  And the answer is: absolutely nothing.  Pianos are something I have covered to my satisfaction, like solo violins.  People can come out with a new one and everybody can rave, but the beans are firmly implanted in my ears.

I also get alerted to what I really want when I reach for something that's not there.  When I did my "Louie Louie" video recently I wanted a B3 for the theme and I discovered I didn't have anything I liked.  So that has put me into the market for the IK one, whenever the price is right.  But if one of the other highly praised ones went on sale for $20, I might get it, because the IK one is $$$$$.   

And then there are products that fit into a niche I like, like world music.  But as time goes by, I also have enough.  I don't need another Duduk or frame drum. I'm good.  

• Like 1