A few Idea's on existing features for CbB 2021. Plus, what new features would you like to see? DISCUSSIONS ONLY.

Will.

3 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Dude, can you stop? It's my request. Just disagree with it and leave it at that. 

You're quoting me.  I'm responding.  If you want me to stop, don't make my browser beep.

I know of few DAWs I've worked in visiting other studio's that have this feature. 

Examples?  I generally only see this happen when the project length is set to a specific value, and the last clip end at or near the end of the project.  In that case, you have to drag something beyond the end of the project for the DAW to automatically increase the project length.  Otherwise, it will naturally stop scrolling at the end, since the project ends there.

Many genres of music have fairly predictable project lengths, so this is commonly set in production/mix templates.

Edited by Maestro

11 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Go google it. 

Just stop being so negative on every topic. 

Not negative.

Not googling, as I have most of the more popular DAWs installed, and they don't behave this way.

Anything more obscure is likely not to show up, easily, especially with how hard it would be to formulate a query that decently locks down any results that are on-topic.

Examples are best, so I can install and test them to see what you're talking about.

I didn't say "almost every other DAW" works this way.  You did.  The onus is not on me to provide a reference.

If you don't want to "discuss," then you don't have to reply.

"This is Cakewalk, not ACID" is hilarious when your response to someone [allegedly] wanting a Sampler is to recommend a 3rd party product; despite "almost every DAW" [actually] having a 1st party sampler bundled with the product.

I will always recommend a 3rd party product that easily allows a user to get the job done over them wasting time [= money] sitting around doing things less productively and wishing there was a 1st party solution to it.  Feature requests are not feature manifestations.  I see no fault in that.

BandLab are already saving millions of users hundreds by giving them the DAW 😛 

Edited by Maestro

Just now, Maestro said:

Not negative.

Not googling, as I have most of the more popular DAWs installed, and they don't behave this way.

Anything more obscure is likely not to show up, easily, especially with how hard it would be to formulate a query that decently locks down any results that are on-topic.

Examples are best, so I can install and test them to see what you're talking about.

I didn't say "almost every other DAW" works this way.  You did.  The onus is not on me to provide a reference.

"This is Cakewalk, not ACID" is hilarious when your response to someone [allegedly] wanting a Sampler is to recommend a 3rd party product; despite "almost every DAW" [actually] having a 1st party sampler bundled with the product.

I need to learn better to use drum replacer and maybe i can do all these tasks with drum replacer in simillar way :  ) Also vocalSync regionfx plugin and i see Cakewalk much stronger and I had used paid DAWS and i feel more comfortable with Cakewalk and i don't look at other paid DAW development muscles I use Cakewalk and i can use it in friendly way and easy. All what i need is in Cakewalk and i can use it more easy than in FL STudio or Studio one or in other paid DAWS. I  tried Cakewalk and i don't need other DAWS : ) Now i love Cakewalk. I like also fact i don't use big marketing products but here in these community is people with passion. Many people know FL Studio but don't know Cakewalk. I think all is marketing : ) And i don'[t need popular brands i like Cakewalk

Edited by solarlux

On 1/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, Maestro said:

Not negative.

I will always recommend a 3rd party product that easily allows a user to get the job done over them wasting time [= money] sitting around doing things less productively and wishing there was a 1st party solution to it.  Feature requests are not feature manifestations.  I see no fault in that.

BandLab are already saving millions of users hundreds by giving them the DAW 😛 

I feel like some of the feature requests and complaints are often stemming from inefficient practices people see other "beat makers" doing online that look productive, but aren't. Like constructing beats by manually aligning samples at the timeline, which is stuff people had to do back when tape machines where the recording media.