A few Idea's on existing features for CbB 2021. Plus, what new features would you like to see? DISCUSSIONS ONLY.

Will.

15 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I feel like some of those requests would be easily fulfilled if Bandalab were willing to add some of the SONAR Plugins back into CbB. SONAR does have a soundfont player/loader, a sampler with looping functionality and so on....

That would be very nice because soundfont player is very good thing : )

1)Transform tool also available on track automations would be nice : )

2.) Ability to create multiple selection ranges and simultaneously moving two selected ranges together like in this picture.

ranges.thumb.jpg.354da19a1908a1b1e92c60606ba6cfe3.jpg

3) Audio step sequencer track, Here in example i muting and unmuting steps but will be good audio step sequencer track where possible to change audio file what used in pattern. : ) And possibility to manipulate audio in some steps like normal audio clip.

972940442_audiostepsequencertrack.jpg.4da054999da48af0244d6850765d9b1e.jpg

Edited by solarlux

Fully customizable Smart tool behaviour in piano Roll would be very good if posibility to make smart tool  like in FL studio piano roll. Left-click to add a note. Left-click-and-drag to reposition the note before releasing it. Right-Click to delete notes.

Edited by solarlux

22 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Another thing that would help tremendously is plugin sandboxing. It seems to be semi present in the ProChannel, but not on the FX and Synth Racks. This prevents buggy plugins from taking the entire DAW with it when they crash.

VST plugins are in-process DLL's. This is by design (Steinberg's design that is), so any plugin has the potential to bring down the whole app.

The easiest way to sandbox a plugin is to check "Load using jBridge wrapper" within plugin-properties. This forces the plugin to run in a separate JBridge process (it works on both 32 bit & 64 bit plugins).

There are some limitations though:

• You need to have JBridge installed
  • It only works on VST2 plugins

I use this on the UJAM Virtual Guitar VSTi's otherwise I get clicks & pops even at high buffer sizes. With it checked, I can use a buffer size as low as 64 or even 32.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

VST plugins are in-process DLL's. This is by design (Steinberg's design that is), so any plugin has the potential to bring down the whole app.

The easiest way to sandbox a plugin is to check "Load using jBridge wrapper" within plugin-properties. This forces the plugin to run in a separate JBridge process (it works on both 32 bit & 64 bit plugins).

I use this on the UJAM Virtual Guitar VSTi's otherwise I get clicks & pops even at high buffer sizes. With it checked, I can use a buffer size as low as 64 or even 32.

That means 32 Bit plugins  are Sanboxed and don't need jbridge if they opened through Bitbridge? Is it possible to setting up option to open also 64 bit plugins through Bitbridge ? : )

4 minutes ago, solarlux said:

That means 32 Bit plugins  are Sanboxed and don't need jbridge if they opened through Bitbridge? Is it possible to setting up option to open also 64 bit plugins through Bitbridge ? : )

Yes - BitBridged plugins are effectively sandboxed, but BitBridge is for 32 bit plugins only.

It's worth mentioning - using either BitBridge or JBridge will introduce extra CPU load and latency, however it's likely to be small.

For plugins that are misbehaving however (e.g. they're interfering with CbB's threads), they can perform better when bridged.

Well written plugins should not need to be bridged.

1490172475_Verticalcut.jpg.40bd87c52ae39a54e5b7a5e57142085e.jpgPosibility to cut chords not only in straight direction but also in  this way how in picture. Something like when cutting tool straight position it will be red line indicating its straight cut and other angles  blue color indicating its not 90 degree cut.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

In other words, the best way to have plugin sandboxing in your DAW is to buy a tool that does it for you or use another DAW. Got it.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I feel like some of those requests would be easily fulfilled if Bandalab were willing to add some of the SONAR Plugins back into CbB. SONAR does have a soundfont player/loader, a sampler with looping functionality and so on....

Those SONAR plug-ins were very long in the tooth, and multiple had been out of active development for a very long time.

I think the best way to remedy most of that is simply getting Reason Intro and "Racking In" it's stuff.  Kong, NN-19, NN-XT, ReDrum, etc. fills a lot of gaps - and the synths that includes pretty much let you do almost anything you'd need to do.

However, there is a pretty big tendency towards wanting freebies as good as commercial offerings among the active posters here... so it's hard to recommend something like that.  They don't want to pay for it.  They want the developers to give it to them.

Personally, I think time is better spent on the base DAW.  So, sure.... bring back some of the old SONAR stuff and give it to them, if possible.  I am not sure why it was removed, though.  Maybe they are redeveloping them as VSTs?  I think a lot of that old stuff were DirectX Effect/Instrument plugins.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

Another update I would like to see, is for the projects to be restricted to the last file in the project. The extra real estate after the last clip is annoying when scrolling - especially when using keyboard shortcuts. 

Stop after last object is all that's needed.

This would be awful, especially if it were a default.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, solarlux said:

3) Audio step sequencer track, Here in example i muting and unmuting steps but will be good audio step sequencer track where possible to change audio file what used in pattern. : ) And possibility to manipulate audio in some steps like normal audio clip.

972940442_audiostepsequencertrack.jpg.4da054999da48af0244d6850765d9b1e.jpg

So, basically you want to turn Cakewalk into a bad ACID Pro knock-off?  I'm not sure I'm understanding the request, since it seems you are ESL, but that's the gist I'm getting from it.

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

This would be awful, especially if it were a default.

How would this be awful when every other DAW works this way? When zoomed in - scrolling in your DAW  is suppose to work this way! 

When you have a project of 90bars, why do you want to view bar 92, when there are no more clips after Bar 90 of your project? 

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

So, basically you want to turn Cakewalk into a bad ACID Pro knock-off?  I'm not sure I'm understanding the request, since it seems you are ESL, but that's the gist I'm getting from it.

I thought principle how drum replacer works but special track where i can replace for example drum sound used, For example i have kick and i put kick audio files events  in some rythm and posibility to replace kick audio files with other kick sound in events, In simple words - I make audio track where i place one drum sound in some rythm and i don't like this kick sound and i want to change it with other kick sound wav file i drag on track new kick sound and all kick sound events replaced by new sound

Edited by solarlux