A few Idea's on existing features for CbB 2021. Plus, what new features would you like to see? DISCUSSIONS ONLY.

Will.

Hi Team/Bakers and the CbB community. 

Some ideas on existing features.

1: The ability to Hide/Show the "Recent Plug-in view." It takes up unnecessary space. 

1850064306_images(19).jpeg.0ca64db6d3d955ce908cbb85efa5554f.jpeg

2: The ability to Show/Hide the "Multi-Dock

3:  Ability for the Renaming of both clips and tracks to follow each other with a "Keyboard Shortcutsinstead of going up to the track tab every time. 

4: "Mono/Stereo Meters" to follow interleave. 

5: Ability to insert "Mono Audio Trackstoo - for recording. 

6: "Flat List" feature for the "Plugin List Categoryto not have to click to get to a favorite plugin - when list is out of memory. 

7: Ability to switch between "Automation Lines and Bar Envelopes" in the PRV. 

8: Ability to switch between full "Channel Colorsand the previous cakewalk "Console Strip Color Scheme with a shortcut key or from the strips themselves.

9: "Smooth Edgesin track view for a more sleeker look and the removal of access space between windows in both Track and Console View.

20201110_233749.thumb.jpg.fe3fea5af01476d411da2327f8981df3.jpg

10: "Improved Tags" feature on export for adding "Single Track Covers and Album Covers."

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 2

Functions like the old CAL-scripts available within a right-click menu. Therefore also a topic exists.
Better options/layout for printing notation. Take a look at S1 5.1, that's ok.
A modern layout/view for the drum-editor-window, it looks a little bit old for me.
The possibility to show pictures for vst- and vsti-plugins.

Edited by Timo Finkbeiner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Timo Finkbeiner said:

Support for Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol.

😲 This can't be! NO support? I was going to spoil myself end month with this - been saving up for this. 😢

Edited by Will_Kaydo

9 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

😲 This can't be! NO support? I was going to spoil myself end month with this - been saving up for this. 😢

You know KK is a free plugin right  ? I tried it...basically all your Kontakt Libs have to run inside it..a bit like wrapper...only then does it integrate with their hardware.

I stuck with Akai VIP in the end as it seems a bit more flexible and I also got that for free with my Oxygen61...but it's a similar concept 

2 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

You know KK is a free plugin right  ? I tried it...basically all your Kontakt Libs have to run inside it..a bit like wrapper...only then does it integrate with their hardware.

I stuck with Akai VIP in the end as it seems a bit more flexible and I also got that for free with my Oxygen61...but it's a similar concept 

Yeah. Fully aware of that.

Crazy about the player and their products. That's why I've been saving up for the s49. But if there's no support . . .  😐

images.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I thought it was more about the transport etc that isn't mapped easily to CBB  , pretty sure the browser/preview part works 

Have no idea, as I only have the Player/Sampler. Don't own any of their hardware yet - if that's what Timo was refering to. 

Just a reminder here that these "list all the features you'd like to see" threads, while well-intentioned and fun, are where good ideas go to languish.

If you really want to see your suggestions implemented, they must get in front of the devs' eyes, and the way to do that is to post your idea in its own thread, then let it get Liked and commented on by people who either agree with you or don't. Keep bumping it until you see results.

They want to know what the demand is before they take the time to implement them, and it's not as easy to do that in a thread like this.

There are some fine ideas here, each of which deserves its own thread. The subforum is for posting "what new features you'd like to see," so they don't need to be restricted to one thread.

Hi,
sorry for any misunderstanding I produced. What I meant with support for Komplete Kontrol is of course their hardware, not the software itself. I have an A25 and in Cubase or also S1 the hardware is now automatically mapped correct and works fine with all  (transport, panning, browser in Komplete Kontrol). But in CBB, I've tried to install it but it didn't worked. There is a workaround described here in the forum where you have to install some mackie extension, but no success here. The keyboard itself is no problem, but the controller part. So that's what I would like to see in CBB.

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Just a reminder here that these "list all the features you'd like to see" threads, while well-intentioned and fun, are where good ideas go to languish.

If you really want to see your suggestions implemented, they must get in front of the devs' eyes, and the way to do that is to post your idea in its own thread, then let it get Liked and commented on by people who either agree with you or don't. Keep bumping it until you see results.

They want to know what the demand is before they take the time to implement them, and it's not as easy to do that in a thread like this.

There are some fine ideas here, each of which deserves its own thread. The subforum is for posting "what new features you'd like to see," so they don't need to be restricted to one thread.

This is a "discussion," (as how it says in the discriiption heading what can be posted in the Feedback loop category.) If i'd only asked "What update everyone would like to see in 2021 - I would've post it as a Q&A under its tab.

So, from this discussion anyone can then go and request these idea's if they get plenty of reaction. I don't see why this can't be done as a discussion. 

But, I'll make it clear for everyone and edit the title. 

• 1 month later...

The ability to bind controller events or midi notes to CBB functions.   So like if my keyboard controller sends a midi controller 12 message when I hit the 'Play' button I should be able to 'bind' that to the 'Play' functionality in Cakewalk.  With this also the ability to create and save maps for a given controller would allow the community here to create and trade controller maps here.

This would solve a great number of the 'controller' based issues I see posted here.

10 hours ago, Bill Campbell said:

The ability to bind controller events or midi notes to CBB functions.   So like if my keyboard controller sends a midi controller 12 message when I hit the 'Play' button I should be able to 'bind' that to the 'Play' functionality in Cakewalk.  With this also the ability to create and save maps for a given controller would allow the community here to create and trade controller maps here.

This would solve a great number of the 'controller' based issues I see posted here.

That is what ACT is for,

- Ability to replace FX Rack plugins like you can to with Virtual Instruments and ProChannel modules.
- Either the ability of loading ProChannel as a sort of Channel Strip plugin with the same functionality of the standard or load ProChannel modules as plugins.
- Allow us to hide some, if not all, track meters.
- Ability to bounce audio coming into aux tracks without having to manually record it.
- Move some of the settings to more localized places instead of having everything crammed up into the Preferences menu.
- A more flexible and modern version of ACT. The current version is complicated for the wrong reasons, unintuitive and clumsy to set up and use. If you want a good example, look at how Studio One does it.
- A more flexible and modern version of Drum Map Manager. The current version is complicated, unintuitive and clumsy to set up and use.
- Improvements to the PRV with things such as ability to do pattern selection (selecting every other note, etc.), proportional editing and so on.
- More flexbile audio routing.
- LFO an an option for automation envelopes.
- Some sort of Listen Bus or Monitoring track.
- Improvements on the Metronome.
- Improvements on latency handling.

• Great Idea 1