Ability to drag/arrange tabs in the Multidock

SloHand Solo

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 2:39 AM, fogle622 said:

How would moving tabs  benefit workflow or daw operation?

Because when you have a lot of things docked it's easier to find the tab you want if they are within the first 1 or 2  

This can change throughout the production process.

So when I am in the initial writing stage I may want to use my PRV and Matrix view the most.

Later on when  the track is written and I'm mixing I want the Console  view and Browser to be my main pair...If you write a lot of music these little things add up to a lot of time over a year.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Because when you have a lot of things docked it's easier to find the tab you want if they are within the first 1 or 2  

This can change throughout the production process.

So when I am in the initial writing stage I may want to use my PRV and Matrix view the most.

Later on when  the track is written and I'm mixing I want the Console  view and Browser to be my main pair...If you write a lot of music these little things add up to a lot of time over a year.

FWIW I use screensets to give me this sort of functionality.

So for example, screenset 2 only has the Console View in the multidock, whereas screenset 3 has PRV and Event List.

I think this is actually quicker than having to manually arrange the tabs to what you want, as you just press 2 for screenset 2, 3 for screenset 3 etc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW I use screensets to give me this sort of functionality.

So for example, screenset 2 only has the Console View in the multidock, whereas screenset 3 has PRV and Event List.

I think this is actually quicker than having to manually arrange the tabs to what you want, as you just press 2 for screenset 2, 3 for screenset 3 etc.

Yes but they are still locked to a certain order even so

1 hour ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Yes but they are still locked to a certain order even so

Yes but you don't have to go fishing through 3 or 4 tabs. This is exactly what Screensets were made for. I leave Screenset #1 for basics

6 hours ago, CosmicDolphin said:

This is where Screenset #2 takes place.

6 hours ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Later on when  the track is written and I'm mixing I want the Console  view and Browser to be my main pair

This is where # 3 takes over.

This way you can press numbers on the Keyboard 1-10 to cycle through smaller views.

I've studied this Multidock Tab thing for many years trying to find the most productive way to view/work. the Screensets are a great tool.

But we all work differently, so what might be good for me, might not work for you.

• Like 4

Everyone has a different workflow they are use to and approach tasks differently.  As Chuck E. Baby states what works for one may not work for all.  I couldn't envision where the capability to move tabs would be that useful.  Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

If it helps your workflow, it's a good idea.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I still wouldn't mind being able to shift the tabs around myself. 

Me too ! I just want things how I want them 😎

Hopefully it would not be a massive issue to make them movable , after all it's something we are used to being able to do in other software like Web Browser that we use daily

• Like 1