Panning issue

brandon

Question

I have just converted a very small clip from mono to stereo as the mono version wasnt panning very well - for some reason it was louder out of the left channel when panned dead centre.

However the resultant stereo track does the same.  Its panned to the centre yet its louder in the left channel. There is one effect applied to it and that is Classic Reverb. I am guessing I have slipped up somewhere but cant think how/where. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Am not sure where you mean Nigel. In Console View I have the Master Bus and a number of other Buses next to it. I can't see anything with  faders that move left or right.

Another name for those sliders beside the output level meter is faders and they move. The audio interface output modules which also can have sliders /faders are to the right of the buses. If you can't see them drag the narrow gray bar to the right of the buses to the left to expose them. Also verify that your audio interface mono button is not depressed if it has one.

Thanks Bill - I hadnt seen them before but now I know where they are and what they are. They were both as they should be.

However I have found out the problem. When I converted the clip to stereo it had a clip gain in it and for some reason the gain stayed with the left channel and didnt get copied over to the right channel (if that makes sense). Is there any way around this? or do i simply have to convert back to mono, remove the clip gain, convert to stereo and insert another clip gain.

Edit: Thats just what I did and all is good now. Thanks for your help it made me think outside the box and got there in the end.

Edited by brandon

4 hours ago, brandon said:

Am not sure where you mean Nigel. In Console View I have the Master Bus and a number of other Buses next to it. I can't see anything with  faders that move left or right.

955123861_2020-10-3018_10_25-Window.jpg.05af3a5c8d8cf78cbc12994e8e3f0d50.jpg
The pane with the master bus is just being opened (dragged to the left.)
Just above the double-down-arrows is another edge you can click and drag to the left.
The audio output fader is there.

(You move the Master bus faders left and right by clicking and dragging on that thin strip. It moves the pane left and right. Open and closed. So the faders move left and right. Because the pane moves. 😀)

• Like 1