reporting freds

pwal³

15 hours ago, John said:

A five year old is as welcome as anyone. 

ahem

1.4 You represent and warrant that you have read and understood the terms of the Agreement and will abide by them, and that you are either 18 years of age or more, or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction, or if you are under 18 years of age or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you are 13 years of age or more and have your parent(s)’ or legal guardian(s)’ permission to use the Services.

• Haha 1

We had an 8 year old on the former forum.  Some of you may remember.  He was an outstanding young man. 

You should know that a child can not make a contract.  Therefore any agreement they may make is unenforceable.  That is why that provision is the there.  But you are an adult thus you would know that, right?

Non the less the point is we have a diverse group that could be of any age.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

We had an 8 year old on the former forum.  Some of you may remember.  He was an outstanding young man. 

You should know that a child can not make a contract.  Therefore any agreement they may make is unenforceable.  That is why that provision is the there.  But you are an adult thus you would know that, right?

Non the less the point is we have a diverse group that could be of any age.    

the point i was making is that you're saying we should follow TOS but that a five year old is ok - and if you actually read the TOS that is not the case (other forums??) - get your ducks in a row mate!

23 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

the point i was making is that you're saying we should follow TOS but that a five year old is ok - and if you actually read the TOS that is not the case (other forums??) - get your ducks in a row mate!

A 5 year old  is ok here.  These forums were never intended to be adults only. Parents and Grandparents shouldn't have to worry about if a child in their care will be subjected to inappropriate posts. 

I for the life of me can't understand your objection to simply being a member that is welcoming to all. The more people that participate here the more Cakewalk becomes a household word. That benefits you. Plus peace will breakout here. LOL 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John said:

A 5 year old  is ok here.  These forums were never intended to be adults only.

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

1.4 You represent and warrant that you have read and understood the terms of the Agreement and will abide by them, and that you are either 18 years of age or more, or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction, or if you are under 18 years of age or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you are 13 years of age or more and have your parent(s)’ or legal guardian(s)’ permission to use the Services.

• John locked this topic