reporting freds

pwal³

I think that is up to the individual. All these years even on the old forum I never reported any thread except for the spammer ones.  I know we have got a little out of hand on a few threads me included but it was in comical fun.  Sorry if I offended you pwalpwal.   

Peace

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

do we just report the ones we don't like, or do we report all the toc violations? 🙄

Just the ones that mention T***p or his cronies, everything else is fine ... apparently.

Edited by Wibbles

All you have to do is follow the TOS and think would I really want my daughter reading this. Personal attacks are really off limits.  The idea is no one should feel uncomfortable on any of these forums.  All are welcome here. We only ask that we are courteous to each other. 

If one can't do that perhaps it would be better if that person found some other forum. 

Keep in mind we can ban members.  No one wants to, but we can and will if its the only way to have peace. 

If you have questions about this, ask. 

Anyone can report a post that is in violation of the TOS.  We will take care of it.  None of us want to do anything that seems to spoil the fun.  But we don't own the forum and though I support free speech the forum is owned by Bandlab and they go to a great deal of expense and effort to bring these forums  to us. Its to me like visiting someones  house. No one should come here with the idea of trashing the place or anyone in it. Nor is it hard to be civil and courteous. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, John said:

All you have to do is follow the TOS and think would I really want my daughter reading this.

My daughter has more of a foul mouth and tastes than me, so..... yes, she would not be offended by reading anything in any post here ever.

BTW she's 43 years old and has been making up her own mind for quite some time now. 😉 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

My daughter has more of a foul mouth and tastes than me, so..... yes, she would not be offended by reading anything in any post here ever.

BTW she's 43 years old and has been making up her own mind for quite some time now. 😉 

My teenage daughters are the same Ed.  The oldest just turned 18 last week.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Clearly you missed the point.  There's no age limit here. A five year old is as welcome as anyone.  This forum is not a free for all. Its aimed at things music related or that was the idea. 

Is it so hard to think about whats best for the forum and follow the rules?  The TOS is not hard to understand and if one wishes not to follow it there are other forums where one can say what ever they want. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have been a member of this Cakewalk for decades and have always found the forums to be a very friendly place.
Once in this time I have had a problem with someone and tried to take it up on PM for quite a while.. and in the end it got completely out of hand as being abusive etc.
It turned out the said person saw he was a problem and resigned.  Good for him and have great appreciation of his stance.

I have built and run internet forums... some with over 25000 members...  you are always going to get some misunderstandings.
Thats just how it is,  along with communication problems in written word, beliefs, politics etc. etc.

We are guests in somebodies home (this case Bandlab) and we should show respect and abide by the rules that are given.
I personally dont buy the "free speech" thing when its a private forum. We signed up and we agreed to THEIR Terms and Conditions.

SO..  in plain English...  suck it up or leave!

• Like 5

• John locked this topic