Pianoteq 7 released

InstrEd

They sometimes do specific upgrade sales. 
If you’re new, I think there’s a 20% off deal on Standard now, which you would need if you want the layering and morphing. 

If you upgrade between tiers, you always get an extra instrument.

Upgrading from version 6 to 7 is always pretty cheap, $29 or so, no matter which tier you’re in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Do they make sales on upgrades?

Chris, just checked for ya: they’re not only doing a 20% sale on Standard, but also on the upgrade from Stage to Standard. And you need Standard (or Pro) for morphing and layering. 

21 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Chris, just checked for ya: they’re not only doing a 20% sale on Standard, but also on the upgrade from Stage to Standard. And you need Standard (or Pro) for morphing and layering. 

Cheers mate, that's a lovely offer indeed, sadly I have no more money left after my spontaneous DCO-106 purchase just recently 😄. Guess I'll bite the upgrade to the newest version on another occasion anyway, might even go the up tier if money allows. Luckily I have no pressure for it right now so I'll be fine with 6 Stage for a while.

Just curious what's the additional instrument when going Stage>Standard?

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

They sometimes do specific upgrade sales. 
If you’re new, I think there’s a 20% off deal on Standard now, which you would need if you want the layering and morphing. 

If you upgrade between tiers, you always get an extra instrument.

Upgrading from version 6 to 7 is always pretty cheap, $29 or so, no matter which tier you’re in. 

The upgrade is 39$ or 29 euros.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Have you tried PT7 yet, Fleer? Just ordered the upgrade from 6 but won't have the chance to play with it for a while!

Will dig in deep this weekend, Craig. 
Really anxious to compare that new NY Steinway D grand to the Hamburg one. 
And I want to morph and layer until I can no more ;)

• Like 1

Went to Modartt to get the upgrade... and what do you know... they were giving it to me for free!   I had upgraded to their standard version a few months ago and that must have made me eligible for the free upgrade.   

Can't say I could hear any difference, but I did not have time to play with the new features where you could blend 2 instruments.  I'm sure that will have uses.

I use Pianoteq more than any other piano not just because of the sound (which I think is excellent), but because of the responsiveness.   (I also love the fact that it loads in a couple of seconds!)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

I use Pianoteq more than any other piano not just because of the sound (which I think is excellent), but because of the responsiveness.   (I also love the fact that it loads in a couple of seconds!)

I like the sound but think samples still have the edge but the responsiveness is where Pianoteq has me hooked plus the loading times are fantastic!