Sign in to follow this  
SloHand Solo

Please add "End of Song" functionality

It'd be great to have the ability to mark the end of the song, or truncate all remaining measures.  Having vast amounts of empty measures causes problems for me when bouncing tracks.  If I forget to select the range, CW selects all the empty measures, and then I have to restart the bounce.  Otherwise it'll compile for hours.

Thx :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cakewalk does not select empty measures at the end of a project. Select all selects through the last bit of data. To truncate a project, move the Now marker to the "end" of the project Select All then Select From Now then Delete Special (make sure all data types are selected in the delete special dialog). This should remove all data to the right of the Now marker

• Thanks 1

I've tried all these steps before.  

My current project incorrectly shows over 25k measures, after the end of the song @ 202.  I select all (ctrl+a), and it does select all the empty measures.  I select all the empty measures, for all tracks, then delete special (delete hole as well).  After delete, still have all the empty measures.  I've tried manually deleting any remaining automation nodes, and making sure there aren't any remaining events, in the events viewer.

I'm a longtime programmer, and Cakewalk user, going waaaaay back to 3.1 (LOL)!  So, I'm confident that I'm doing everything right.  I gave up on this months ago, but thought that a better solution was to have some sort of special functionality to mark the end of the song.

Try delete with ripple edit enabled (ripple edit addresses problems with "delete hole").

If the problem persists there may be a problem with your project template(s). If this is the case, consider building new project template(s).

29 minutes ago, scook said:

Try delete with ripple edit enabled (ripple edit addresses problems with "delete hole").

If the problem persists there may be a problem with your project template(s). If this is the case, consider building new project template(s).

No luck.  But I had been thinking the same, about the template.  I brought this project back to life from CW 8.5.  I figured it was some bug from migrating to the current version, since all the advice I had been getting led me to believe that deleting the extra measures should have worked.  

Thanks

I have always had this issue with Sonar / Cakewalk..it's never gone away and I have just learned to make my own selection before bouncing a track

I suspect part of it my be to do with if you import something like a midi file

Posted (edited)

@Jeffrey Benson and @CosmicDolphin,

Have either of you submitted a support request here?  https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Jeffrey you have a project actively exhibiting the issue.  CosmicDolphin seems to also be able to easily induce the symptom.  Your projects might provide support with the data needed to minimize the symptom or resolve the root issue.  Chances are even though your symptoms are similar they may be caused by different underlying issues.

Cakewalk by BandLab appears to place a high priority on resolving underlying root causes that create issues that have simmered long term.  However, they need help both with identifying the symptoms and acquiring product that exhibit defined symptoms.  Helping them helps all CbB users.

Edited by fogle622

@CosmicDolphin I agree that it maybe easier to workaround your issue since it has existed for such a long period of time.  But times have changed.  Cakewalk management has changed and now is the time to see if you can make a lasting difference in the product.  Why not give it a chance and see how the system works now? 

• Like 1