NEW! dearVR MONITOR - your perfect virtual mix room

cclarry

On 11/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'm not sure with Cakewalk any plugins work on a surround bus.  Last time I tried, it was an epic fail.  I don't think it's gotten any better. 

If your DAW supports it sooner or later your audio has to reduce down to two channels to go to your headphones.  You should put Sonarworks there.  All it does is fix your speaker response to be flatter.  No space, no virutal.  Like buying a better set of headphones.  That's it.

The surround bus is what you feed to dearVR or say a 5.1/7.1 Waves plugins.  Sooner or later though it has to mix down to stereo or your headphone can't listen to it.  But again I don't think any of those plugins work with Cakewalk's broken plugin on a surround bus model (which tries to turn it into stereo for the plugin or something).  Wave's is very clear on their surround plugins tech pages that only some DAWs work.  I'd think that applies to dearVR Monitor as well.  Most DAWs aren't really very well setup for surround anything.

It does sound good with headphones better than sonitus for SS but there are problems and I've explained in detail at the bottom of the previous page..

Edited by Kurt Nielsen

On 11/10/2020 at 9:59 AM, cclarry said:

It’s not a big secret, creating a great mix is so much easier within a perfect control room. We’ve probably all experienced when a final mix has not translated as expected to other systems. With dearVR MONITOR you get access to your own virtual reference-grade mix room over headphones. Don’t limit yourself anymore by poor room acoustics or missing speaker setups and benefit from Dear Reality’s outstanding virtual acoustics headphone technology.

dearVR MONITOR enables you to mix anytime, anywhere, and in any common speaker setup from Stereo up to 9.1.6. Start producing immersive audio formats like Dolby ATMOS even today. Experience a personal acoustic reference you can rely on to enjoy mixing with greater confidence and accuracy.

Use the code INTRO-OFFER during checkout at dearVR.com.

The voucher cannot be combined with other vouchers. Plus local VAT taxes.

https://www.dearvr.com/products/dearvr-monitor

Is dearvr monitor actually fully compatible with Sonar?  can you configure your Sonar multi channel speaker project to work with dearVR montor? or does it only up mix a stereo bus and emulate multichannel audio on headphones?

14 minutes ago, Kurt Nielsen said:

Is dearvr monitor actually fully compatible with Sonar?  can you configure your Sonar multi channel speaker project to work with dearVR montor? or does it only up mix a stereo bus and emulate multichannel audio on headphones?

If you are talking about monitoring a 'surrround' mix ?   

(in cubase/nuendo) - it actually does the opposite.  It downmixes a surround bus to stereo - the stereo signal is 'binaural'  so is supposed to sound like a surround mix.

Everybody (and their ears) are different and for some the effect works better than for others, for me it's a bit 'meh' - download the demo to try.

4 minutes ago, simon said:

If you are talking about monitoring a 'surrround' mix ?   

(in cubase/nuendo) - it actually does the opposite.  It downmixes a surround bus to stereo - the stereo signal is 'binaural'  so is supposed to sound like a surround mix.

Everybody (and their ears) are different and for some the effect works better than for others, for me it's a bit 'meh' - download the demo to try.

That makes more sense especially using a stereo headset lol  but have you used Sonar to config your multi channel speakers to work with dearVR monitor?  Thanks for your help. Lastly in the manual it states to apply the plugin to the Master Bus.. I don't know if the master bus can extrapolate speaker config information to create the virtual monitoring environment.  I'll download it and see what it can do anyway.

Edited by Kurt Nielsen

3 minutes ago, Kurt Nielsen said:

That makes more sense especially using a stereo headset lol  but have you used Sonar to config your multi channel speakers to work with dearVR monitor?  Thanks for your help.

I don't have sonar - so no