NEW! dearVR MONITOR - your perfect virtual mix room

cclarry

It’s not a big secret, creating a great mix is so much easier within a perfect control room. We’ve probably all experienced when a final mix has not translated as expected to other systems. With dearVR MONITOR you get access to your own virtual reference-grade mix room over headphones. Don’t limit yourself anymore by poor room acoustics or missing speaker setups and benefit from Dear Reality’s outstanding virtual acoustics headphone technology.

dearVR MONITOR enables you to mix anytime, anywhere, and in any common speaker setup from Stereo up to 9.1.6. Start producing immersive audio formats like Dolby ATMOS even today. Experience a personal acoustic reference you can rely on to enjoy mixing with greater confidence and accuracy.

Use the code INTRO-OFFER during checkout at dearVR.com.

The voucher cannot be combined with other vouchers. Plus local VAT taxes.

https://www.dearvr.com/products/dearvr-monitor

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

When  you use the code, it drops to $169

Thanks Larry :)  It is still to much at this time 4me. Some plans made much earlier.

I am waiting for BF to upgrade few things (like SO4) and try to catch some nice deals for proven tools or libs :)

• Like 2

Just now, Piotr said:

Thanks Larry :)  It is still to much at this time 4me. Some plans made much earlier.

I am waiting for BF to upgrade few things (like SO4) and try to catch some nice deals for proven tools or libs :)

that deal is on until the end of December.  I'm gonna sit an wait on that one.  

At least you can use your PA voucher @Piotr  :)

I love the idea of these kind of plugins...the abbey road one etc...in reality I'm not sure they really live up to the promise.

At least the waves one support specific brands of headphones which makes me feel more like they are 'optimised'....this one seems to work with anything...and any ear shape etc etc.

• Great Idea 1

7 minutes ago, simon said:

that deal is on until the end of December.  I'm gonna sit an wait on that one.  

At least you can use your PA voucher @Piotr  :)

I love the idea of these kind of plugins...the abbey road one etc...in reality I'm not sure they really live up to the promise.

At least the waves one support specific brands of headphones which makes me feel more like they are 'optimised'....this one seems to work with anything...and any ear shape etc etc.

$14.99 with voucher at some point in the future...

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, simon said:

also available at PA - $149 if you have any of the qualifying products

dearVR PRO, dearVR MUSIC, bx_rooms, Metric AB, Streamliner or HawkEye

Yep and a good time to use your $50 loyalty voucher as well, which I did 😉 

Edited by rasure
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PAL Music said:

This says it works with any headphones, but does it mean it has EQ curves for different models of cans.  Without that, the variables of what you get out of it seem Virtually vast😄.

agreed - can't see how they can compensate for the headphones ? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

If you want flat and 3d you may need to mix this with Sonarworks or one of the other headphone EQ products.  This was true for the Waves stuff in the beginning, until they started to add EQ profiles for various headphones as an additional option.

will that work with the surround plugins ? Assume that you have to put in the plug on the surround bus of the DAW ?

51 minutes ago, simon said:

will that work with the surround plugins ? Assume that you have to put in the plug on the surround bus of the DAW ?

Work yes.  Work well?  Who knows.  Both Sonarworks and ToonBoosters MorphIt are both just EQ.  The same EQ on both channels at least with a non-custom measured set.  I'm not sure about a custom measured EQ curve it could be different on each ear.  Both work with Wave's NX but it doesn't matter what order you put them in with Wave NX.  Before the head transfer or after the results are the same (I did some tests and made a post about it a long time ago).  I doubt this dearVR Monitor plugin changes that.  All the headphone EQ does is make your headphone speaker closer to flat.  It shouldn't really matter about the space part.

5 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Work yes.  Work well?  Who knows.  Both Sonarworks and ToonBoosters MorphIt are both just EQ.  The same EQ on both channels at least with a non-custom measured set.  I'm not sure about a custom measured EQ curve it could be different on each ear.  Both work with Wave's NX but it doesn't matter what order you put them in with Wave NX.  Before the head transfer or after the results are the same (I did some tests and made a post about it a long time ago).  I doubt this dearVR Monitor plugin changes that.  All the headphone EQ does is make your headphone speaker closer to flat.  It shouldn't really matter about the space part.

does sonarworks work on a surround bus though ? might be ok in stereo but prob not a solution to 'virtual' surround monitoring. 

I'll probably pick this up with a monthly voucher at some stage - but without correction for headphone response I really can't see how it realistically model spaces. 

3 minutes ago, simon said:

does sonarworks work on a surround bus though ? might be ok in stereo but prob not a solution to 'virtual' surround monitoring. 

I'll probably pick this up with a monthly voucher at some stage - but without correction for headphone response I really can't see how it realistically model spaces. 

I'm not sure with Cakewalk any plugins work on a surround bus.  Last time I tried, it was an epic fail.  I don't think it's gotten any better. 

If your DAW supports it sooner or later your audio has to reduce down to two channels to go to your headphones.  You should put Sonarworks there.  All it does is fix your speaker response to be flatter.  No space, no virutal.  Like buying a better set of headphones.  That's it.

The surround bus is what you feed to dearVR or say a 5.1/7.1 Waves plugins.  Sooner or later though it has to mix down to stereo or your headphone can't listen to it.  But again I don't think any of those plugins work with Cakewalk's broken plugin on a surround bus model (which tries to turn it into stereo for the plugin or something).  Wave's is very clear on their surround plugins tech pages that only some DAWs work.  I'd think that applies to dearVR Monitor as well.  Most DAWs aren't really very well setup for surround anything.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

If your DAW supports it sooner or later your audio has to reduce down to two channels to go to your headphones.  You should put Sonarworks there.  

It's DearVR_monitor that does the downmix to two channels - so there is nowhere to put in an additional 2 channel EQ - hence I don't think it's possible.  They need to build it in.   Would probably work for stereo though.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Most DAWs aren't really very well setup for surround anything.

cubase works beautifully up to 5.1 - and nuendo for anything bigger.  It's pretty transparent. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 9:59 AM, cclarry said:

It’s not a big secret, creating a great mix is so much easier within a perfect control room. We’ve probably all experienced when a final mix has not translated as expected to other systems. With dearVR MONITOR you get access to your own virtual reference-grade mix room over headphones. Don’t limit yourself anymore by poor room acoustics or missing speaker setups and benefit from Dear Reality’s outstanding virtual acoustics headphone technology.

dearVR MONITOR enables you to mix anytime, anywhere, and in any common speaker setup from Stereo up to 9.1.6. Start producing immersive audio formats like Dolby ATMOS even today. Experience a personal acoustic reference you can rely on to enjoy mixing with greater confidence and accuracy.

Use the code INTRO-OFFER during checkout at dearVR.com.

The voucher cannot be combined with other vouchers. Plus local VAT taxes.

https://www.dearvr.com/products/dearvr-monitor

Unfortunately Dear Reality doesn't inform us that their products don't completely work with Cakewalk (Multichannel output & ambisonics) and something is odd with the binaural headphone options.. their  free plugin "ambi micro" will show and let your select all the binaural headphone outputs like facebook and youtube but the Pro plugin does not!  Others can read the manual here page 46 that tells you about the issue.  I'm pretty pissed about the purchase  after all this marketing hype on a Cakewalk forum as if to say it's going to work as expected, as it shows in their videos..  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0120/4748/2938/files/dearVRpro_Manual_v1.4.1_rev4.pdf?v=1591283987

Edited by Kurt Nielsen