Assign MIDI Controller parameters to VST

Michel Camacho

Hi. Is there an easy way to assign a knob to a vst plugin? I mean, like in FL studio you have the option to browse all the paramaters available for a vst or plugin in the browser folder or inspector, and also the standard option to right-click a button and learn the knob you want to assign. However most of my plugins doesn't work with the standard way to learn the knob button to be assignable. So, Is there a folder or part where I can have access to all available parameters for a vst/plugin? i.e. The native Cakewalk instruments like Electric piano it doesn't comes with the option to assign the knob  to control some parameters such as Drive, Tune, etc at least that's what I've seen imo.  I mean, I know the standard way to assign knobs but I want to have another way to access to the  full list of available parameters and link them like in FL studio Global link parameters or the "last tweaked" function . Thanks in advance!

Edited by Michel Camacho

1 hour ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Look in the automation lane of the instrument to see what can be automated.
318102195_2020-10-2816_38_42-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1_-Track.jpg.327285440a17296f7ec9f45e3f8e407f.jpg
The button with the zig-zag line.

Check the ACT Learn button.
1885388850_2020-11-1007_37_05-Window.jpg.9e77b72e4546f8334ebb7aedf5f6871a.jpg
The aL

It didn't work as you can see in my video... I choose the parameter on the automation panel, then the ACT learn button and moved the knobs from my controller and it didnt work. I even turned off/on the Read and Write button and nothing.