Jump to content
Morten Saether

2020.11 Feedback

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I would like to give profuse thanks for these two "smaller" features. The first is heaven sent for people like me who struggle to keep a tidy Track View and the second has been a bedevilment since day one of adopting CbB.

This kind of thing is really great to see, really shows a consideration for the many working styles we may have or adopt.

I totally agree! ūüėĄ

The latter (adjust split point for a single take lane) helps me also to go round a minor bug with take lanes where you cannot use crossfade on one lane if you have the same split point on other lanes with only a clip on one side (I can move the split point slightly, make the crossfade and then move the split point back).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heeeeeeeeelp, I'm on the verge of hanging myself!

I don't know if it's my machine or if it's Cakewalk, but for a while now I have encountered big bugs in the automation curves.
I was doing a brass track and I was starting to draw a CC expression curve directly from the clips menu.
At one point I clicked to make a right angle and there the program took me out of the track.
When I wanted to come back to it via clips, the program tells me that there is already an expression track, without however being able to access it.
I tried to make it appear via the automation lines button, but that created a lot of automation lines except the one I had already drawn beforehand.

Before that on another project, I encountered the same kind of madness, except that this time I had created several automation tracks, whose content no longer appeared in the "automation lines" view.

I'm not also going to tell all my stories of buggy or orphaned curves ... but you just have to remember that there is really something wrong on this side.

Here is my brass file, hoping you will find where the problem comes from.
I will try to reproduce the first problem I encountered, to also send you the file.

In The Stone.cwb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, Tim Davila said:

ok did the roll back and everything is working fine now.

but the current version has the problem loading fx console emulator bus still

@Tim Davila I looked at this. The crash has nothing to do with console emulator. Its crashing with an exception in the Waves Shell.

VCRUNTIME140.dll!_CxxThrowException(void * pExceptionObject=0x000000000014b020, const _s__ThrowInfo * pThrowInfo) Line 75 C++ Non-user code. Symbols loaded.

WavesLib6.1_11.0_Win64.dll!00007ffe05aac889() Unknown Non-user code. No matching binary found.

Can you PM us a link to the project file? We can forward it to Waves along with the dump for their analysis. This is not a bug in Cakewalk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, again - can anyone try more than one Input in 2020.11 - see Screenshot?

I can't select more than ONE Input after update to 2020.11. This screenshot is after an old open project , when i change one input I can select only one, and NOT all anymore ??  Also Drag&Drop an Instrument it is set to NONE by default?

2020-11-12_22.png.1267cd26f03521e8780a03804974c02e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roland-Music said:

Sorry, again - can anyone try more than one Input in 2020.11 - see Screenshot?

I can't select more than ONE Input after update to 2020.11. This screenshot is after an old open project , when i change one input I can select only one, and NOT all anymore ??  Also Drag&Drop an Instrument it is set to NONE by default?

2020-11-12_22.png.1267cd26f03521e8780a03804974c02e.png

 

Use Manage Presets, and define it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks,

We posted a preview build for update 1 that fixes several user reported issues with the 2020.11 release.
We plan to release this very soon but if you were affected by any of the listed issues please download it and report back if it solves your issues here.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This update fixed the Drum Replacer issue with loading a new sample for me...thanks!

  • Crash or failure to load a new sample in Drum Replacer. (fixed!)

Thanks,

BJ

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using/testing the preview build for update 1 when exiting I got a crash in Drum Replacer.  Crash dump is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SswFLAXVSxx9dlprux9pCeYWzXnd-4hZ/view?usp=sharing

Top of the call stack:

>    GdiPlus.dll!00007ff88474140a()    Unknown
     GdiPlus.dll!00007ff884752544()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d663a7()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d6216a()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d62333()    Unknown

Some sort of GDI cleanup crash maybe?  I don't remember all I did (mostly just loaded new samples in drum replacer and played with it a bit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 6:51 PM, Marco Marujo said:

Articilation map is a great improvement - can we have old projects with keyswitches shown on articulation map? Also can we have switches being recorded directly shown on articulation map too? that way when we load a map bandlab associates immediately the notes to switches? Fantastic work.

You can do both of these by using  "Extract Keyswitches" in the 2020.11 Update 1 Preview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, lychee said:

Heeeeeeeeelp, I'm on the verge of hanging myself!

I don't know if it's my machine or if it's Cakewalk, but for a while now I have encountered big bugs in the automation curves.
I was doing a brass track and I was starting to draw a CC expression curve directly from the clips menu.
At one point I clicked to make a right angle and there the program took me out of the track.
When I wanted to come back to it via clips, the program tells me that there is already an expression track, without however being able to access it.
I tried to make it appear via the automation lines button, but that created a lot of automation lines except the one I had already drawn beforehand.

Before that on another project, I encountered the same kind of madness, except that this time I had created several automation tracks, whose content no longer appeared in the "automation lines" view.

I'm not also going to tell all my stories of buggy or orphaned curves ... but you just have to remember that there is really something wrong on this side.

Here is my brass file, hoping you will find where the problem comes from.
I will try to reproduce the first problem I encountered, to also send you the file.

In The Stone.cwb 2.3 MB · 4 downloads

It looks like the expression automation is living in the audio track rather than the MIDI track. 

You can fix this by doing the following:

  • SHIFT + Click on the beginning of the expression curve (which will change the filter to show this envelope)
  • CTRL + A to select all the envelope nodes, then CTRL + X to cut them
  • Split the instrument track
  • Select only the MIDI track, making sure the now time is at zero
  • CTRL+V to paste the envelope back into the MIDI track
  • Select both tracks and "Make Instrument Track"
  • If you then SHIFT+Click the automation lane icon, you'll see your expression curve in the correct place

I'm curious as to how it got in to this state, so if you do come across it again please note down exactly what you did and let the team know the steps to reproduce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Track Names shown in plug-ins are now working perfectly again!

Thank you very much!
And you're really fast, great work!

All the best,
Klaus
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Using/testing the preview build for update 1 when exiting I got a crash in Drum Replacer.  Crash dump is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SswFLAXVSxx9dlprux9pCeYWzXnd-4hZ/view?usp=sharing

Top of the call stack:

>    GdiPlus.dll!00007ff88474140a()    Unknown
     GdiPlus.dll!00007ff884752544()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d663a7()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d6216a()    Unknown
     DrumReplacer.vst3!0000000054d62333()    Unknown

Some sort of GDI cleanup crash maybe?  I don't remember all I did (mostly just loaded new samples in drum replacer and played with it a bit).

@Matthew Sorrels I think this is related to anything in CbB directly but well investigate. Is this reproducible?

It looks like something in GDI+ got hosed when drum replacer was shutting down. 

>    GdiPlus.dll!GpRuntime::GpLock::GpLock(class GpRuntime::GpLockable *)    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     GdiPlus.dll!GdipDeleteBrush()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     DrumReplacer.vst3!doexit(int code=0, int quick=1, int retcaller=1) Line 628    C    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     DrumReplacer.vst3!_CRT_INIT(void * hDllHandle, unsigned long dwReason, void * lpreserved=0x0000000000000001) Line 169    C    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Matthew Sorrels I think this is related to anything in CbB directly but well investigate. Is this reproducible?

Seems to be reproducible (at least for me).

New Empty Project.
Add Audio Track (right click in trackview, add audio track)
Drag in Acided Drum Loop (didn't seem to matter what, not sure the ACIDized part matters either)
Right Click on loop, Region FX->Drum Replacer->Create Region FX
Enable the snare and toms Drum Replacer tracks (kick comes auto-enabled).
Exit Cakewalk

no need to play any sounds just File->Exit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Seems to be reproducible (at least for me).

New Empty Project.
Add Audio Track (right click in trackview, add audio track)
Drag in Acided Drum Loop (didn't seem to matter what, not sure the ACIDized part matters either)
Right Click on loop, Region FX->Drum Replacer->Create Region FX
Enable the snare and toms Drum Replacer tracks (kick comes auto-enabled).
Exit Cakewalk

no need to play any sounds just File->Exit

Not seeing any crash here. It may be related to your video drivers. Can you send a link of any loop you used just to verify that its not content related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

We posted a preview build for update 1 that fixes several user reported issues with the 2020.11 release.
We plan to release this very soon but if you were affected by any of the listed issues please download it and report back if it solves your issues here.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Noel, I¬īm getting crashes again when trying to save track templates containing Vienna Synchron Player.¬†

To reproduce:

Insert Vienna Synchron Player

Select Audio+Midi tracks to create a full template

Select save as track template

After a few seconds, Bdlb seems to get stuck - Crash: Bdlb closes without any warning

---

I'll revert to last update and try again.

Enclosed 3 minidumps.

Minidumps.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Noel, I¬īm getting crashes again when trying to save track templates containing Vienna Synchron Player.¬†

To reproduce:

Insert Vienna Synchron Player

Select Audio+Midi tracks to create a full template

Select save as track template

After a few seconds, Bdlb seems to get stuck - Crash: Bdlb closes without any warning

---

I'll revert to last update and try again.

Enclosed 3 minidumps.

Minidumps.zip 3.97 MB · 0 downloads

mmm - not sure how to revert to prior update (2020.11) ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...