2020.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

3 hours ago, HIBI said:

Feedback in Update 1.

"Extract Keyswitch Articulations" is not displayed if language setting is set to Japanese. It's empty. No characters. (Probably all language settings other than English)

Thanks for the heads up, we'll take care of this shortly!

EDIT:

@HIBI, we've pushed a fix for this, but it'll require having to run the rollback installer, then checking for updates again. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@steven galutia

Can you provide some more information such as a video or screenshots of the problem you are seeing?
Also which version of CbB were you using prior to updating. There are no changes in this version that should impact this so there may be some other factors leading to your issue.

I narrowed it down to older Cakewalk projects, where the  UAD plugin's interactive window, whether it may be a moving meter or an interactive info screen, would not work, but in new projects they will work correctly. 

Confusing, since there are frequent updates to UAD-2 software as well.

• Thanks 1

Sorry again - installed 2020.11 Update 1 (build 26.11.0.099) - I have same issue as posted before.

Are there are any changes by default settings or other additional options now, I can't find them in the release notes.

1. Multi Selection of Device Inputs are lost now, or are not possible anymore.

cw2011-1c9j3h.gif

2. Drag and Drop Instruments to a Track is set to NONE by default now and Displays Omni?

cw2011-2t9jyq.gif

13 minutes ago, Roland-Music said:

Sorry again - installed 2020.11 Update 1 (build 26.11.0.099) - I have same issue as posted before.

Are there are any changes by default settings or other additional options now, I can't find them in the release notes.

1. Multi Selection of Device Inputs are lost now, or are not possible anymore.

cw2011-1c9j3h.gif

2. Drag and Drop Instruments to a Track is set to NONE by default now and Displays Omni?

cw2011-2t9jyq.gif

Neither of these two observations is any different to SONAR Platinum from what I can see.

1. Inputs - if you want to specify a more granular input setting, use the presets. 
2. If "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" is enabled in preferences,  it always swaps to Omni on the active MIDI track if the input is set to None.

Both of these from what I can see are behaving as they were designed.... in fact I've just checked in SONAR X2, and it's absolutely no different.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, Andres Medina said:

Yes, Noel.

The crash occurs after the save, and surprisingly, the track template IS saved, but Bdlb closes, without the option to recover the project.

I did try with the 26.11.0.088 version and there is no improvement.

I will forward this to Vienna.

Thanks a lot!

Good news. I got a message from the Vienna developers saying they have addressed the issue on their end.

Not sure if this is strictly related to the latest update, might be more of a general Arranger thing.

I noticed today when I used it to remove a section of a track I no longer wanted and butt the two remaining ends together it resulted in no sound coming out !

Checking everything I noticed my Master Buss Automation had been set to zero..this was not the behaviour I'd expected - I expected it would cut out the middle section and leave my volume fade intact at the end of the section 2 

Further investigation reveals it seems to be moving my Master Buss Automation to another Buss ...my Reverb Buss which is the last one.

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Thanks 1

When I attempt to load AAS's Chromaphone 3 1.0.0 VST3 in the Update 1 of Cakewalk, the track appears but the UI does not and the header says "not responding". Rarely, after a very long wait, the UI may appear and things proceed normally thereon. Mostly, I give up and restart the PC. On some occasions, both of my monitors blank and I can find no way of restoring them other than to restart the PC. During one of my attempts, I watched what Windows Task Manager reported. While Cakewalk  is attempting to load the VST3, Task Manager reports Cakewalk Application CPU use in the 15-25% range, but the weird thing is that memory usage climbs steadily until Task Manager reports Memory Full at about 15Gb (16GB installed, so it's not wrong!). Usage then quickly falls to about 12GB and climbs again. This repeats over-and-over until, after many cycles, Cakewalk becomes responsive again, with memory usage of over 6GB (!)

Unfortunately, the upgrade to Update 1 and my acquisition of this version of Chromaphone were simultaneous, so I do not know whether this behaviour occurs otherwise. Anybody know what is happening and how to prevent this bad behaviour?

31 minutes ago, ChristopherM said:

When I attempt to load AAS's Chromaphone 3 1.0.0 VST3 in the Update 1 of Cakewalk, the track appears but the UI does not and the header says "not responding". Rarely, after a very long wait, the UI may appear and things proceed normally thereon.

I have the same version of Chromaphone 3 (VST3) and CbB version 2020.11 Build 098 and I have no problems at all with that combination on Windows 10. If I record a short MIDI snippet using e.g. the first factory preset Glassy, save the project and then reopen it, it loads within seconds and I can hardly notice anything happening in the Performance module or in Task Manager on my Core i7 with 32GB RAM. I'm not using NKS with Chromaphone 3 but perhaps you are?

4 hours ago, ChristopherM said:

When I attempt to load AAS's Chromaphone 3 1.0.0 VST3 in the Update 1 of Cakewalk, the track appears but the UI does not and the header says "not responding". Rarely, after a very long wait, the UI may appear and things proceed normally thereon. Mostly, I give up and restart the PC. On some occasions, both of my monitors blank and I can find no way of restoring them other than to restart the PC. During one of my attempts, I watched what Windows Task Manager reported. While Cakewalk  is attempting to load the VST3, Task Manager reports Cakewalk Application CPU use in the 15-25% range, but the weird thing is that memory usage climbs steadily until Task Manager reports Memory Full at about 15Gb (16GB installed, so it's not wrong!). Usage then quickly falls to about 12GB and climbs again. This repeats over-and-over until, after many cycles, Cakewalk becomes responsive again, with memory usage of over 6GB (!)

Unfortunately, the upgrade to Update 1 and my acquisition of this version of Chromaphone were simultaneous, so I do not know whether this behaviour occurs otherwise. Anybody know what is happening and how to prevent this bad behaviour?

@ChristopherM Its likely a plugin issue but while its in the hung state capture a minidump and send a link to the dump file. We may be able to see at what stage its hanging and forward to the developer.

Just installed this update. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 interface - recently bought. Up to now no issues, but when I now open CW the Audio Engine fails ( 0 error ) and i hear a clicking noise + windows pops up on the system tray over bottom right telling me CW is trying to use the Microphone. If I switch from ASIO to WASAPI ( Evo 4 )  the issue sorts itself.

I also tried the Evo 4 ASIO in Ableton 10 and Reason 11 - all fine, works no problem

Edited by aidan o driscoll

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Just installed this update. I have an AUDIENT EVO 4 interface - recently bought. Up to now no issues, but when I now open CW the Audio Engine fails ( 0 error ) and i hear a clicking noise + windows pops up on the system tray over bottom right telling me CW is trying to use the Microphone. If I switch from ASIO to WASAPI ( Evo 4 )  the issue sorts itself.

I also tried the Evo 4 ASIO in Ableton 10 and Reason 11 - all fine, works no problem

Fixed, I think. I went to AUDIENT site and found driver update. Installed/Updated .. seems to have solved!!

Interesting the issue only arose in CW and not Reason or Ableton ( with the older driver ) AND it only happened when I updated CW earlier to this latest update

Still randomly acting up in ASIO. An option for me .. downgrade to last version .. is that possible?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@ChristopherM Its likely a plugin issue but while its in the hung state capture a minidump and send a link to the dump file. We may be able to see at what stage its hanging and forward to the developer.

Hi Noel - thanks for your prompt response. I used ProcDump to generate a .dmp while Cakewalk is hanging. The output is some 32GB, so I'm guessing that no-one wants that (and/or I'd be exposing private data, as that represents twice the RAM in my PC!) What would be your guidance here, please?

5 hours ago, ChristopherM said:

Hi Noel - thanks for your prompt response. I used ProcDump to generate a .dmp while Cakewalk is hanging. The output is some 32GB, so I'm guessing that no-one wants that (and/or I'd be exposing private data, as that represents twice the RAM in my PC!) What would be your guidance here, please?

Unfortunately there is no easy way to capture a minidump for hangs so they are large. As Scook says zip it and send me a link privately.

I appreciate the help, all - it demonstrates the excellent responsiveness and knowhow that has always characterised this forum. I'll upload the dump to the cloud and let you have the link via PM.  Further information - I had the same experience with AAS's Ultra Analog VA3 in Cakewalk, too. By contrast, this is at version 3.1.2, stable since January. Also, I tried all three of UA VA3, Chromaphone 3 and String Studio VS3 in Cantabile Lite (x64) and each loaded with no unusual wait and was immediately fully operable. All three running simultaneously with GUIs open used about 2GB RAM more than idling Cantabile, but there is a noticeable increase in GPU usage from about 25% at idle to around 50% with all three plugs running and open. Cakewalk uses no GPU, at least, in my set-up.