2020.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

20 minutes ago, steven galutia said:

I just noted a killer bug, my UAD-2 plug meters/graphics windows don't work in the .11 Cakewalk version,

whereas when I use the same plug in Sound Forge they work fine.

How do I roll back??

Read the release notes. Rollback instructions are there. Which version were you using earlier? We don't have any uad systems to test on.

Before rolling back make sure you try the  latest 2020.11 release that we posted on Friday.

I found a bug. (I posted it in a different place earlier, so I moved it here.)

conditions
-Multiple Articulations Library is used.
-"MIDI tracks with unused Articulations" are mixed.
-The display setting is "Only Show Articulations for ActiveTrack".

Under this condition, delete "Second registered Articulations" in Articulations Maps in Projet.

All Articulations will be hidden.
Then, the "Articulations registered first in the map" in the non-Active Track is displayed.
It can be redisplayed by reselecting the track.

delete_bug.gif.7347824710c18916bc28c8395e953cf3.gif
There may be other conditions, but it was possible to reproduce it in a new project. (gif movie)

Edited by Toy

On 11/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi folks,

We posted a preview build for update 1 that fixes several user reported issues with the 2020.11 release.
We plan to release this very soon but if you were affected by any of the listed issues please download it and report back if it solves your issues here.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

The original bug with the Catastophic Error on Export by Arranger selection has been quashed thank you.

Unfortunately this update has introduced a new bug I have not seen before.  I now cannot see the contents of any Folder Tracks whilst minimised except for the folder that is at the bottom of the track view.  I have loaded up some older projects and they display the same behaviour. 

All the content is still there when expanded and it plays & exports normally.

16 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

mmm - not sure how to revert to prior update (2020.11) ...

@Andres Medina All three of your dump files are the exact same crash in Vienna Synchron player. Its not related to our release. You should contact Vienna since only they can solve this issue. I will also forward the dump files to them. 

Your stacks do not show that you are trying to save templates. When do the crashes occur - after the save? You may need to send them the project you are using to reproduce the crash as well since often the dumps are not sufficient.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFE8B04007B (Vienna Synchron Player.vst3) in Test Articulation Maps Strings ref5_11212020_154833.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000D5936058.

Vienna Synchron Player.vst3!00007ffe8b04007b()    Unknown    Non-user code. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
     Vienna Synchron Player.vst3!00007ffe8aff8803()    Unknown    Non-user code. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
     user32.dll!UserCallWinProcCheckWow()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     user32.dll!CallWindowProcW()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
>    mfc140u.dll!_AfxActivationWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd=0x0000000000200968, unsigned int nMsg=1024, unsigned __int64 wParam=0, __int64 lParam=0) Line 478    C++    Symbols loaded.

7 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

The original bug with the Catastophic Error on Export by Arranger selection has been quashed thank you.

Unfortunately this update has introduced a new bug I have not seen before.  I now cannot see the contents of any Folder Tracks whilst minimised except for the folder that is at the bottom of the track view.  I have loaded up some older projects and they display the same behaviour. 

All the content is still there when expanded and it plays & exports normall

Thanks for reporting it. I can reproduce it and well fix it for the main release.

• Thanks 2

Any chance of having this issue fixed as well in the main release? The problem still exists in 2020.11 Build 090. A video is attached to the initial post.

Addendum: This issue was later fixed in CbB 2021.01, in the release notes described as "Allow drag move/copy of multiple articulations". Thanks!

Edited by Canopus
Addendum added.

I don't know if this is intended but it could lead to confusion I think:

SRwG2tR.gif

A range in the Time Line from start to the end of an Articulation gets selected by clicking on the MIDI track.

It's not harmful because it wouldn't select a Clip by accident but a bit irretating if e.g. you are used to click on empty space between clips to cancel a selection.

Cakewalk 2020.11 build 090

Edited by Klaus
CbB version added

16 hours ago, Toy said:

I found a bug. (I posted it in a different place earlier, so I moved it here.)

conditions
-Multiple Articulations Library is used.
-"MIDI tracks with unused Articulations" are mixed.
-The display setting is "Only Show Articulations for ActiveTrack".

Under this condition, delete "Second registered Articulations" in Articulations Maps in Projet.

All Articulations will be hidden.
Then, the "Articulations registered first in the map" in the non-Active Track is displayed.
It can be redisplayed by reselecting the track.

delete_bug.gif.7347824710c18916bc28c8395e953cf3.gif
There may be other conditions, but it was possible to reproduce it in a new project. (gif movie)

It isn't clear from your gif / conditions what exactly you were doing to get this behaviour. I've tried to replicate what you're doing, but can't.

Can you detail the steps one by one from a new project?

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina All three of your dump files are the exact same crash in Vienna Synchron player. Its not related to our release. You should contact Vienna since only they can solve this issue. I will also forward the dump files to them. 

Your stacks do not show that you are trying to save templates. When do the crashes occur - after the save? You may need to send them the project you are using to reproduce the crash as well since often the dumps are not sufficient.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFE8B04007B (Vienna Synchron Player.vst3) in Test Articulation Maps Strings ref5_11212020_154833.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000D5936058.

Vienna Synchron Player.vst3!00007ffe8b04007b()    Unknown    Non-user code. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
     Vienna Synchron Player.vst3!00007ffe8aff8803()    Unknown    Non-user code. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
     user32.dll!UserCallWinProcCheckWow()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     user32.dll!CallWindowProcW()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
>    mfc140u.dll!_AfxActivationWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd=0x0000000000200968, unsigned int nMsg=1024, unsigned __int64 wParam=0, __int64 lParam=0) Line 478    C++    Symbols loaded.

Yes, Noel.

The crash occurs after the save, and surprisingly, the track template IS saved, but Bdlb closes, without the option to recover the project.

I did try with the 26.11.0.088 version and there is no improvement.

I will forward this to Vienna.

Thanks a lot!

12 hours ago, msmcleod said:

It isn't clear from your gif / conditions what exactly you were doing to get this behaviour. I've tried to replicate what you're doing, but can't.

Can you detail the steps one by one from a new project?

The explanation was insufficient.
I reproduced it again, but the order of registration in the MAP has been reversed from the previous time.
The conditions have become uncertain.

conditions

02.jpg.97b84ecfa57946833e50ff9b5abe6b6b.jpg
The display setting "Only Show Articulations for Active Track" is enabled.

01.jpg.13a65fe45f6b378248b08d38ee2493e6.jpg
Multiple Articulations Library is used.
It seems that 3 or more are required.
This [TEST] is only registered and unused.

delete_bug_fix0.gif.5426796551de4efcd27c8c4ba6b1d599.gif
In this movie, Tracks 1 and 2 include Articulations and 3 does not.

First, [Limit100] has been successfully deleted.
Change the track.
 when I delete [C], everything disappears and the data of another track is displayed.

The reproduction procedure is like this.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, steven galutia said:

I just noted a killer bug, my UAD-2 plug meters/graphics windows don't work in the .11 Cakewalk version,

whereas when I use the same plug in Sound Forge they work fine.

How do I roll back??

@steven galutia

Can you provide some more information such as a video or screenshots of the problem you are seeing?
Also which version of CbB were you using prior to updating. There are no changes in this version that should impact this so there may be some other factors leading to your issue.