2020.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

2 hours ago, BJ Walraven said:

There's an issue with Drum Replacer no longer able to change the sample after the 2020-11 update.  I replied here before I realized there's a feedback topic for 2020-11...

Basically, if you create a Drum Replacer Region FX, then try to change the sample for a lane, the sample does not change and the lane stops having any output.

Thanks,
BJ

This happens for me too with the new version.  Cakewalk also crashed when I exited after testing this.

17 hours ago, Henrik Sundberg said:

Hello,

I use my computer at two different locations, with different controller surfaces. When going from one place to another, the input selection of each instrument track is showing "OMNI", even if I've selected "None". 

I'm thinking that maybe it's the missing controller surface that's causing the problem but it would be good if "Input=None" could be default. 

Is this a bug or a setting/feature I've misunderstood?

BR

Capture.PNG

I have a similar  issue - i can't select more than ONE Input after update. This screenshot is after open a project, when i change one input I can select only ONE, and NOT all OMNI anymore ???  Only ONE Input in 2020.11 ???!

2020-11-12_22.png.1267cd26f03521e8780a03804974c02e.png

Also, every "New Simple Instrument" Track is set to NONE and Displays OMNI ....

Edited by Roland-Music

Bug with Articulation Maps.   

When selecting multiple clips by right-click dragging, (or selecting all clips by clicking on the track number in the track controls panel) all articulations in the track are selected, despite “select track articulations with clips” being off.  If clips are multi selected one at time by Ctrl-Click, it works correctly.

1 minute ago, Tim Davila said:

can someone  please point me on how to rollback to previous version? its kinda urgent as i need to do some work here.

thanks

You can find the rollback installer with the release notes here:

It seems unusual that this would have changed from the EA builds as there was no change in that part of the code between EA and the final release. Please try to get us a minidump for the crash.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

You can find the rollback installer with the release notes here:

It seems unusual that this would have changed from the EA builds as there was no change in that part of the code between EA and the final release. Please try to get us a minidump for the crash.

yep i just found the roll back versions... minidump is in my post back there i edited it.

@Jonathan Sasor

cheers

Edited by Tim Davila

35 minutes ago, Tim Davila said:

ok did the roll back and everything is working fine now.

but the current version has the problem loading fx console emulator bus still

Did you try other projects by any chance? If there's a particular project where you're seeing the problem, that would helpful for us to diagnose the issue.

Help, something broke!

Updated to 2020.11 last night and I now have no input from my Komplete Kontrol S61mk1 master keyboard controller (running V2.5.0 SW for KK).
Checked operation of VSTi's in standalone configuration (Kontakt, FM8, Absynth, Komplete Kontrol wrapper, etc.) and they all work fine.
Open CbB, check preferences; Midi devices all appear and are checked.

Open simple session (Midi tracks only driving TTS-1), check input/output routing, no Midi note response from my keyboard.

CbB virtual controllers (keyboard emulator & Querty keyboard) work fine. Device manager shows all hardware is OK.

(EDIT1) Also: Midi data on a track driving a Komplete Kontrol wrapped VSTi shows activity on the keyboard light guide, and does play any audio from the VSTI.

(EDIT2) installed MIDI-OX monitor to see if KK61 is sending to CPU. Indicates both note on/off and controller information is being received by computer.

(EDIT3) Midi Input/Output activity badge on taskbar shows output constantly. Is it possible that CbB is continuously sending a note off condition?

(EDIT4) Removed and reinstalled Komplete Kontrol driver set v4.2.0. Rename TTSSEQ.ini, reboot, restart CbB; no change.

My M-Audio ProjectMix I/0 is passing audio and still operates as machine control in Mackie emulation.

Anyone know what else I can do to get this fixed?

[also posted in Cakewalk by Bandlab top level]

Edited by OutrageProductions

When going to the "Help" Tab in Cakewalk, then to "Get Started," to set up your Input and Outputs of your hardware/interface -- Cakewalk closes abruptly without warning or saving the setting as soon as you click on "DONE."

Edited by Will_Kaydo

7 hours ago, jimlynch22 said:

Bug with Articulation Maps.   

When selecting multiple clips by right-click dragging, (or selecting all clips by clicking on the track number in the track controls panel) all articulations in the track are selected, despite “select track articulations with clips” being off.  If clips are multi selected one at time by Ctrl-Click, it works correctly.

I see this too. It does seem counter-intuitive.

When I try to move multiple articulations, it doesn’t seem to work in the same way you would move multiple MIDI notes in the PRV. After the selection has been made, Shift+Drag only moves the articulation located directly under the mouse and not the whole selection. That's not what I would expect, but perhaps I'm wrong?

Here’s a short video.

xMvsFkD.gif

Addendum: This issue was later fixed in CbB 2021.01, in the release notes described as "Allow drag move/copy of multiple articulations". Thanks!

Edited by Canopus
Addendum added.
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Help, something broke!

Updated to 2020.11 last night and I now have no input from my Komplete Kontrol S61mk1 master keyboard controller (running V2.5.0 SW for KK).
Checked operation of VSTi's in standalone configuration (Kontakt, FM8, Absynth, Komplete Kontrol wrapper, etc.) and they all work fine.
Open CbB, check preferences; Midi devices all appear and are checked.

Open simple session (Midi tracks only driving TTS-1), check input/output routing, no Midi note response from my keyboard.

CbB virtual controllers (keyboard emulator & Querty keyboard) work fine. Device manager shows all hardware is OK.

(EDIT1) Also: Midi data on a track driving a Komplete Kontrol wrapped VSTi shows activity on the keyboard light guide, and does play any audio from the VSTI.

(EDIT2) installed MIDI-OX monitor to see if KK61 is sending to CPU. Indicates both note on/off and controller information is being received by computer.

(EDIT3) Midi Input/Output activity badge on taskbar shows output constantly. Is it possible that CbB is continuously sending a note off condition?

(EDIT4) Removed and reinstalled Komplete Kontrol driver set v4.2.0. Rename TTSSEQ.ini, reboot, restart CbB; no change.

My M-Audio ProjectMix I/0 is passing audio and still operates as machine control in Mackie emulation.

Anyone know what else I can do to get this fixed?

[also posted in Cakewalk by Bandlab top level]

I don't think this would be related to the update. I'm running a Komplete Kontrol S49 and I'm not seeing any issues with either the Komplete Kontrol VST or the controller itself. 

Do you have anything set up for a control surface that's using the controller's MIDI ports that could possibly be filtering it? 

14 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

When going to the "Help" Tab in Cakewalk, then to "Get Started," to set up your Input and Outputs of your hardware/interface -- Cakewalk closes abruptly without warning or saving the setting as soon as you click on "DONE."

Confirmed on our end. The initial run of the onboarding pages should work normally, but running it subsequently can crash. The same settings can be accessed via Edit | Preferences without issue though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

I don't think this would be related to the update. I'm running a Komplete Kontrol S49 and I'm not seeing any issues with either the Komplete Kontrol VST or the controller itself. 

Do you have anything set up for a control surface that's using the controller's MIDI ports that could possibly be filtering it? 

No. I completely disabled the control surface (except for audio I/0) and no change.
KK S61 is transmitting all Midi data into computer as indicated by Midi Monitor (tried both PocketMidi x64 and MIDI-OX x32) .
It is just not getting into CbB at all. As I said in OP, all standalone VSTi's are working too. It has to be something with input data being blocked on the way to Cakewalk.

Would a clean re-install be advised? Or is there something in the Registry that is corrupted? Could the page file (even after cold reboot) be holding on to the TTSSEQ.ini data?

Edited by OutrageProductions

Thanks for adding the articulation maps in the new 2020.11 release! I think it's one of the most important upgrades that have ever been done (for me but I think I'm not alone...). I can't wait to try it!

It also represents, in my opinion, a right step in the direction of not only imitate Ableton and its numerous clones in simple  "drag and drop block" composing. Don't get me wrong, even "blocks" composing tools are useful I know, but for other tasks there is need of also different tools that are more useful in orchestral composing, like this long awaited one.

As far as I am concerned, this awaited update is a very good step in the right direction for Cakewalk. Try to continue to be also a more advanced DAW useful also for orchestral composition (read Cubase...). Sum the best of "both worlds" in making music! Keep it up! and thanks again for your work to improve cakewalk!

Edited by Ronny.G
  • Thanks 1