2020.11 Feedback

Morten Saether

HI:)

Articulation Maps.  👍👍👍

ARA/Melodyne algorithm picker (pre-release). 👍

VST instruments can use custom instrument definitions. 👍👍

Piano Roll view Note drawing now automatically switches direction as necessary during the gesture 👍

Relative resizing of selected tracks. 👍

Allow track FX bin to be bypassed via control surfaces rather than just individual FX.👍👍

And for sure all the Bug Fixes!!!

This is a BIG Release for me. Thank you very much for this😃

Bassman.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Joseph Edward Youssef said:

Articulation Map video tutorial PLEASE 🤗

While you wait for Cakewalk based tutorials many of the Youtube Cubase expression map tutorials will help with understanding basic concepts.

And importing a Cubase expression map for a sample library you own can help you understand how to create your own articulation maps.

I've had to use different techniques for different sample libraries.  So there is not a one  size fits all approach.

Articilation map is a great improvement - can we have old projects with keyswitches shown on articulation map? Also can we have switches being recorded directly shown on articulation map too? that way when we load a map bandlab associates immediately the notes to switches? Fantastic work.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

This is similar to the new articulations pane in Studio One so far as function is concerned.

Looks like you guys caught up there..;) Congratulations! This version of the process is easier on my eyes and easier to use.

The only nit I have so far is very small. No maps for my particular libraries. I am looking to build a few in the future. Not sure how much time I'll have though.

If anyone has some spare time and wants to build a few to share I would be much obliged. :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Starise said:

This is similar to the new articulations pane in Studio One so far as function is concerned.

Looks like you guys caught up there..;) Congratulations! This version of the process is easier on my eyes and easier to use.

The only nit I have so far is very small. No maps for my particular libraries. I am looking to build a few in the future. Not sure how much time I'll have though.

If anyone has some spare time and wants to build a few to share I would be much obliged. :D

If your libraries have any cubase maps you can import them.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Can you try this in other/new projects? I just moved the clip contents on my end and it worked normally.

It had happened in a NEW project! But I have found out now that it is only a problem with a special tambourine clip I copied from somewhere (stereo wave file). If I use my own wave clips it runs properly, whew!  Thus it is no problem for me, sorry for the panic! I could not imagine that this special kind of wave file makes a difference! 😄

And thanks for the fast response!

3 hours ago, Marco Marujo said:

Articilation map is a great improvement - can we have old projects with keyswitches shown on articulation map? Also can we have switches being recorded directly shown on articulation map too? that way when we load a map bandlab associates immediately the notes to switches? Fantastic work.

This is something we looked into but didn't make this release... we couldn't have gone on adding features forever without releasing anything.

We'll definitely look into it for the future though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I use my computer at two different locations, with different controller surfaces. When going from one place to another, the input selection of each instrument track is showing "OMNI", even if I've selected "None". 

I'm thinking that maybe it's the missing controller surface that's causing the problem but it would be good if "Input=None" could be default. 

Is this a bug or a setting/feature I've misunderstood?

BR

Capture.PNG

There's an issue with Drum Replacer no longer able to change the sample after the 2020-11 update.  I replied here before I realized there's a feedback topic for 2020-11...

Basically, if you create a Drum Replacer Region FX, then try to change the sample for a lane, the sample does not change and the lane stops having any output.

Thanks,
BJ